A question to all of those on here who rack up the road kills.....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
1. You said that street racing is the only activity which kills innocent people yet is 100 percent avoidable. It is not.
I did NOT say this ... quote me .... post up my exact words where I said this.
2. I get it now, it's OK to kill innocent people, so long as the specific activity youre engaged in is legal. Yeah, that makes perfect sense....
I didn't say this either. but you go right on putting words in my mouth to make your point.... Oh wait .. if you HAD a point you would make it using actual, real quotes. but since you have none you make imaginary quotes up and respond to them. typical of a guy with no argument. you will note that I did not put words in your mouth. I quoted and responded to exactly what you said.
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/IncidentReport/huntCurrent.html

So item 3, from a government website, hunter shooting victim 811 feet apart (non hunter). Ha ha right? Let's remember, even one is to many... too bad about 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19 huh. This is ONE YEAR in ONE STATE .
again. I never said anything about one death. what I DID say is that hunting is LEGAL. and it's interesting that you pick out a single instance that might make your point for you while ignoring the fact that everyone of them, including the one you are trying to use, makes my point. all of those shootings are because some idiot did something stupid while ignoring safety rules. just like idiot street racers.
4. Speaking of illegal activities, by a accelerating hard and going over limit youre breaking the law. But somehow that is OK because you're "paying attention to your car". But people who are street racing are somehow all not paying attention to their car or where it is driving. Only you can do this, and only when nobody is beside you... da faq? .
again quote me where I said "only I can do this" again, you can't because I didn't. once more you deflect because you can't come up with a legitimate cogent rebuttal.
6. So, once again, you engage in an activity that you infer may be illegal but in your opinion can be safe if done correctly (hard acceleration and speeding). However, adding a second driver to the mix now make this activity completely unsafe to not only the active participants but also to John q public. Regardless of situation, location, speed achieved, etc etc. Two cars accelerating side by side is always dangerous while one by itself is not.

I am done. I could pick apart the rest of what you posted but the effort is wasted. when you can make an argument that is better than a 5th grader post it up and we'll talk. but as long as you are arguing about things I DIDN"T SAY. you can argue with yourself

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I did NOT say this ... quote me .... post up my exact words where I said this.

I didn't say this either. but you go right on putting words in my mouth to make your point.... Oh wait .. if you HAD a point you would make it using actual, real quotes. but since you have none you make imaginary quotes up and respond to them. typical of a guy with no argument. you will note that I did not put words in your mouth. I quoted and responded to exactly what you said.

again. I never said anything about one death. what I DID say is that hunting is LEGAL. and it's interesting that you pick out a single instance that might make your point for you while ignoring the fact that everyone of them, including the one you are trying to use, makes my point. all of those shootings are because some idiot did something stupid while ignoring safety rules. just like idiot street racers.

again quote me where I said "only I can do this" again, you can't because I didn't. once more you deflect because you can't come up with a legitimate cogent rebuttal.

I am done. I could pick apart the rest of what you posted but the effort is wasted. when you can make an argument that is better than a 5th grader post it up and we'll talk. but as long as you are arguing about things I DIDN"T SAY. you can argue with yourself

Typical copout... I could pick it apart, but I wont... cause you cant. You haven't made a single valid arguement. You're actually accusing me of deflecting? That is literally all you are doing. Arguing direct quotes vs the meanings of the statements you are making, "but it's legal"m etc. Multi quoting from multiple posts is a pain on mobile, but let's give it a try

Street racing is one cause of death that is 100% preventable period. the other thing is that most deaths cause by idiot street racers are innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with the race in question. not all morons are street racers but all street racers are certainly morons

So you didn't say that huh?

Here's your quote. " The one cause of death that is 100 percent preventable." Yet many, many causes of death inflicted upon those who are not involved in said activity are 100 percent avoidable Not only that, but they are the result of purely for pleasure activites... like racing. I point out several of these activities that actually kill (far) more people than street racing yet get no bad rap.

You then respond with the same statement over and over again that these other activites are legal. Your entire arguement is they are OK/don't apply because they are legal. Thus, it's OK to kill innocent people during any legal activity. I'm not going to quote these because quoting on mobile is a bitch, but you respond with it several times.

If this is not your point, please elaborate. We are comparing 2 things that result in the death/injuries of innocent bystanders. Your comment is one of them is legal while one is not. Either being legal means the deaths are OK... or it has no relevance on this subject.

Edit: you also state here that "most deaths cause by idiot street racers are innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with the race in question". Despite a link to a gov funded study showing the exact opposite to be true. But we don't need facts here, just feelings.

Here's another quote:

"of course I have. but I don't street race. the difference is during the activities you talk about I am concentrating on my car, not the person that may be in the car and certainly not the car I am racing since I am not racing. and, if caught doing those activities I man up and pay the fine. I don't look for ways to avoid paying the penalty that I have earned. I have yet to see a street racer who posts in the donut shop saying "I got caught street racing, I am going to man up and go to jail because I was being stupid". I have yet to see a street racer say that if they were racing they would stop if someone other than them got hurt no they all to a man would run and hope to avoid the jail time associated with street racing where an injury has occurred. which makes them irresponsible cowards as well as criminals"

You are saying that you are engaged in a illegal activity, which involves accelerating and high speed, but that you are "concentrating on your car"... thus inferring that the difference between right and wrong is youre concentrating on your driving while anyone involved in a street race is not capable of doing so. You then go way out on a limb and state that while you would "man up" nobody that street races could possibly do this, they wouldn't pay for their crime willingly, wouldn't help someone they hit, etc

And once again, Of COURSE some idiot didn't follow safety rules and someone got hurt. EXACTLY like someone not following common sense "rules" during street racing. EXACTLY like someone that does your illegal activity and goes too fast on a open road and hits someone. And you can't seem to process that this is the entire point. Nearly any activity can be extremely dangerous if you're stupid. But according to you (do I need to quote your "always dangerous statement here?), no matter what situation/area/speed etc street racing is always extremely dangerous, more so than your own activities.... even when every single piece of factual data says this is not the case.

I'm sorry, but if you think I am looking like a fool here you have another thing coming. You spent half a post arguing that street racing is horrible compared to other activities that result in more fatalities because it's illegal... and then go on to defend a nearly identical illegal activity you openly admit to supporting/commiting (which, BTW, ALSO results in more injuries and deaths that street racing per year) with supposition and nonsense about manning up. An activity that BTW in many jurisdictions is punished by the same ticket, handled the same way in court, etc etc.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
if this were in smackdown I would answer this in the way it probably deserves. but since I didn't read it I am going to assume it is more of your misquotes, wild ass interpretations of what I said and other general bullshit that is not worth reading ...

Typical copout... I could pick it apart, but I wont... cause you cant. You haven't made a single valid arguement. You're actually accusing me of deflecting? That is literally all you are doing. Arguing direct quotes vs the meanings of the statements you are making, "but it's legal"m etc. Multi quoting from multiple posts is a pain on mobile, but let's give it a try

So you didn't say that huh?

Here's your quote. " The one cause of death that is 100 percent preventable." Yet many, many causes of death inflicted upon those who are not involved in said activity are 100 percent avoidable Not only that, but they are the result of purely for pleasure activites... like racing. I point out several of these activities that actually kill (far) more people than street racing yet get no bad rap.

You then respond with the same statement over and over again that these other activites are legal. Your entire arguement is they are OK/don't apply because they are legal. Thus, it's OK to kill innocent people during any legal activity. I'm not going to quote these because quoting on mobile is a bitch, but you respond with it several times.

If this is not your point, please elaborate. We are comparing 2 things that result in the death/injuries of innocent bystanders. Your comment is one of them is legal while one is not. Either being legal means the deaths are OK... or it has no relevance on this subject.

Edit: you also state here that "most deaths cause by idiot street racers are innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with the race in question". Despite a link to a gov funded study showing the exact opposite to be true. But we don't need facts here, just feelings.

Here's another quote:

"of course I have. but I don't street race. the difference is during the activities you talk about I am concentrating on my car, not the person that may be in the car and certainly not the car I am racing since I am not racing. and, if caught doing those activities I man up and pay the fine. I don't look for ways to avoid paying the penalty that I have earned. I have yet to see a street racer who posts in the donut shop saying "I got caught street racing, I am going to man up and go to jail because I was being stupid". I have yet to see a street racer say that if they were racing they would stop if someone other than them got hurt no they all to a man would run and hope to avoid the jail time associated with street racing where an injury has occurred. which makes them irresponsible cowards as well as criminals"

You are saying that you are engaged in a illegal activity, which involves accelerating and high speed, but that you are "concentrating on your car"... thus inferring that the difference between right and wrong is youre concentrating on your driving while anyone involved in a street race is not capable of doing so. You then go way out on a limb and state that while you would "man up" nobody that street races could possibly do this, they wouldn't pay for their crime willingly, wouldn't help someone they hit, etc

And once again, Of COURSE some idiot didn't follow safety rules and someone got hurt. EXACTLY like someone not following common sense "rules" during street racing. EXACTLY like someone that does your illegal activity and goes too fast on a open road and hits someone. And you can't seem to process that this is the entire point. Nearly any activity can be extremely dangerous if you're stupid. But according to you (do I need to quote your "always dangerous statement here?), no matter what situation/area/speed etc street racing is always extremely dangerous, more so than your own activities.... even when every single piece of factual data says this is not the case.

I'm sorry, but if you think I am looking like a fool here you have another thing coming. You spent half a post arguing that street racing is horrible compared to other activities that result in more fatalities because it's illegal... and then go on to defend a nearly identical illegal activity you openly admit to supporting/commiting (which, BTW, ALSO results in more injuries and deaths that street racing per year) with supposition and nonsense about manning up. An activity that BTW in many jurisdictions is punished by the same ticket, handled the same way in court, etc etc.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Are people killed hunting and boating, yes. Do dogs bite people, yes. Participants and innocent bystanders are hurt and killed doing any number of activities, both legal and illegal. But is any of this relevant, no. These arguments make as much sense as, banks are robbed everyday so it's ok if I steal this pack of cigarettes. Risking participants and bystanders lives by racing on public streets just to prove your have a faster car is wrong. Trying to justify it with childish and irrelevant comparisons does not make it right.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Are people killed hunting and boating, yes. Do dogs bite people, yes. Participants and innocent bystanders are hurt and killed doing any number of activities, both legal and illegal. But is any of this relevant, no. These arguments make as much sense as, banks are robbed everyday so it's ok if I steal this pack of cigarettes. Risking participants and bystanders lives by racing on public streets just to prove your have a faster car is wrong. Trying to justify it with childish and irrelevant comparisons does not make it right.

Of course it doesn't. But what you cannot seem to grasp is that, just like with hunting, boating, dog ownership, if done with some amount of caution and common sense it can be done with realitive saftey.

You two are arguing that the act is completely unsafe and a major hazard no matter what, because "one is too many" and because since one person died the activity is abhorrent. But you do not apply this same standard to other activities, even ones producing more injuries and deaths. Why?

No matter how you cut it, by any measure the rate of street races to injuries is insanely low. If an activity is done many, many times with very few accidents it is by definition low risk. Just like the other activities.

No death caused by a purely for pleasure activity is ever "OK", regardless of it being legal or otherwise. But just like in boating and other activities, the deaths are not caused by the"hobby" itself but the actions of an individual not following a few simple rules for the saftey of themselves and others.

You simply cannot argue an activity cannot be done safely when it is performed so many times, with so few injuries. If you do, you must apply this standard to all activities unless youre willing to admit emotional bias.

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
if this were in smackdown I would answer this in the way it probably deserves. but since I didn't read it I am going to assume it is more of your misquotes, wild ass interpretations of what I said and other general bullshit that is not worth reading ...

So youre saying the only possible response you could have to being proven wrong after asking for quotes and getting them would be to namecall and throw a tantrum? And I debate like a child? Lol.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
If we were voicing disapproval of track or strip racing you would have valid points. But we are not, we're talking about street racing. Comparing hunting deaths to deaths at Indianapolis Speedway is a logical discussion. There are proper places to hunt, there are proper places to boat, and there are proper places to race. The street is not appropriate for racing. I don't know if you are trying to convince us, or attempting to easing your own conscience, but you are not convincing me. There is absolutely no valid justification for racing on public streets. None.

Of course it doesn't. But what you cannot seem to grasp is that, just like with hunting, boating, dog ownership, if done with some amount of caution and common sense it can be done with realitive saftey.

You two are arguing that the act is completely unsafe and a major hazard no matter what, because "one is too many" and because since one person died the activity is abhorrent. But you do not apply this same standard to other activities, even ones producing more injuries and deaths. Why?

No matter how you cut it, by any measure the rate of street races to injuries is insanely low. If an activity is done many, many times with very few accidents it is by definition low risk. Just like the other activities.

No death caused by a purely for pleasure activity is ever "OK", regardless of it being legal or otherwise. But just like in boating and other activities, the deaths are not caused by the"hobby" itself but the actions of an individual not following a few simple rules for the saftey of themselves and others.

You simply cannot argue an activity cannot be done safely when it is performed so many times, with so few injuries. If you do, you must apply this standard to all activities unless youre willing to admit emotional bias.

EB85

Established Member
I don't know how I started a thread asking about if you pick and choose your battles or take anything you can get and it turned into this.
58367049.jpg

2000gt4.6

Established Member
If we were voicing disapproval of track or strip racing you would have valid points. But we are not, we're talking about street racing. Comparing hunting deaths to deaths at Indianapolis Speedway is a logical discussion. There are proper places to hunt, there are proper places to boat, and there are proper places to race. The street is not appropriate for racing. I don't know if you are trying to convince us, or attempting to easing your own conscience, but you are not convincing me. There is absolutely no valid justification for racing on public streets. None.

The only logical conclusion to your statement is that the numbers of deaths does not matter, only the location of the deaths. Which goes back to the legal vs illegal topic.

I have no conscious to ease, I only object to idiotic blanket statements. Despite engaging in, and witnessing this horribly dangerous activity for nearly 20 years i have yet to see a incident involving the harm of john q public. Not all Street racing is dangerous to the public, and the action itself is no more responsible for the deaths than boating is. The responsibility lies in the individual who didn't take simple precautions.

Your objections are based on bias and feeling, not fact. You have made up your mind it is incredibly dangerous while the facts show not only is it not, but compared to other activities you do not object to it is safe, because of the location of the activity.

One last time, you never, ever speed or accelerate hard on the streets right? Never go on a spirited drive? You do realise the public roads are no more a place for this than street racing correct? That its just as illegal? And that it causes more accidents per year than racing? I suspect you will not answer.

Last edited:

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Every time I read one of your posts I get this picture in my mind of someone rocking back and forth in their chair, rocking back and forth, rocking, rocking, repeating incoherently over and over, waiting for someone to come wipe their chin. I still didn't hear a single valid justification for street racing. And I'm tired of your "conclusions" of what other people say and your delusional comparisons.

What I do in my car has zero to do with anything. It doesn't matter what I do in my car, doesn't matter what you do in your car, doesn't matter what anyone does in their boat. You cannot justify something by saying other people do other things so this thing is ok. Someday when you grow up you will realize that. Well, maybe not....

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Every time I read one of your posts I get this picture in my mind of someone rocking back and forth in their chair, rocking back and forth, rocking, rocking, repeating incoherently over and over, waiting for someone to come wipe their chin. I still didn't hear a single valid justification for street racing. And I'm tired of your "conclusions" of what other people say and your delusional comparisons.

What I do in my car has zero to do with anything. It doesn't matter what I do in my car, doesn't matter what you do in your car, doesn't matter what anyone does in their boat. You cannot justify something by saying other people do other things so this thing is ok. Someday when you grow up you will realize that. Well, maybe not....

ROFL. So what you're saying is, its OK if your activities result in accidents, because they are your activities.

I have no moral objection to boating, racing, or spirited driving, therefore I do not need to justify it. However, you do seem to have an objection, yet cannot justify picking this one activity out of many that cause senseless deaths to demonize.

I'm done "discussing" this with you. Your mind is made that youre on the moral high horse regardless of facts or your own actions being a greater risk.

Edit: when you want to identify the exact moment when someone realises they are caught on the net, just look for the personal insult lol

Last edited:

97ReoCobra

Established Member
ROFL. So what you're saying is, its OK if your activities result in accidents, because they are your activities.

Edit: when you want to identify the exact moment when someone realises they are caught on the net, just look for the personal insult lol

What sane person would conclude this? How about just reading a post and trying to comprehend it. Don't take every single thing and twist it into a pile of poo that matches your delusional assumptions.

It's only an insult if it's true ;) Otherwise it's just my observation.

My sincere apologies to the OP.

Gravik

Established Member
I cant wait to troll all the subarus around here that think they are the fastest thing around.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Only on this site where we buy cars to race

Cant we have a 4 page thread about it being bad to race

Users who are viewing this thread