A question to all of those on here who rack up the road kills.....

97ReoCobra

Established Member
While you're researching, check how many of those deaths, regardless of how few, had to take place. I don't care one little iota of how few deaths take place because of street racing. 1, yes ONE is too many. Because there are people doing other illegal and stupid things on the road is the most immature excuse possible to justify street racing. People die because of drunk driving so that makes it ok to street race. Wow.

There is no valid reason for someone to street race. It is nothing more than immature chest thumping. The public shouldn't have to risk the loss of a mother, father, son or daughter just for someone's bragging rights.

Do all the research you want. Bring it to the funeral and explain it to the family. Calculate the percentage of them that are convinced street racing has a place on public roads.

And just to back up all that "dung":

According to the only study I could find, between 98 and 01 315 fatal crashes involved some sort of street racing. Thats .21 percent of all fatal crashes on the road. Of those, 299 of the fatalities were the driver or passenger (74.9 percent). This same study found that 59 percent of high school boys and 36 percent of girls (highschoolers being the most likely to be involved in both a accident and a fatal one) had raced on the street in the last 12 months.

So 59 percent of all males have done this in the past, and yet with 210 million licensed drivers there were 315 fatal street racing crashes out of 149,568 fatal crashes in that timeframe. Seems like the chances are pretty dammed low.

Source:

http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/10/1/53.full

How low you ask? According to "interstatesportsman', which just happens to be a website promoting boating and hunting, there are 800-875 people PER YEAR killed in boating accidents, and 80-90 in hunting accidents (once again per year).

Source:
http://www.interstatesportsman.com/articles/how-dangerous-is-hunting-really

So in a four year timeframe 3400 people die in boating accidents (wonder how many were other boaters who were "innocent") and 340 die in hunting accidents, while 399 people die from street racing accidents, and a whopping 100 (in a country once again with 400,000 million people) die from a street race while not in the car (though they may have been watching etc).

Wow, what a dangerous thing to do. 55 percent of us do it and a tiny fraction of a fraction have something go wrong, usually while being really really stupid. (excess speed over 100 MPH, doing it in a very congested zone, ricer weave etc).

BTW, from the article:

Our study of street racing fatal crashes has three main findings. First, street racing was a factor in a small percentage of fatal crashes. Secondly, street racing fatal crashes not only involved excessive speeds but also often involved alcohol and occurred on urban surface streets (that is, urban non-interstate or non-freeway roadways). Third, street racers tended to be male teenagers with poor driving histories. These findings may help with the identification of target populations and the development of intervention programs.

So if your a drunk male teenager with a poor driving history... yeah, its a real threat.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
While you're researching, check how many of those deaths, regardless of how few, had to take place. I don't care one little iota of how few deaths take place because of street racing. 1, yes ONE is too many. Because there are people doing other illegal and stupid things on the road is the most immature excuse possible to justify street racing. People die because of drunk driving so that makes it ok to street race. Wow.

There is no valid reason for someone to street race. It is nothing more than immature chest thumping. The public shouldn't have to risk the loss of a mother, father, son or daughter just for someone's bragging rights.

Do all the research you want. Bring it to the funeral and explain it to the family. Calculate the percentage of them that are convinced street racing has a place on public roads.

There is no reason to hunt. It's nothing but chest thumping. Nobody needs meat from some poor animal. I don't care if only 80 people a year die from it, one is too many.

There is no reason to go boating. It's just assholes showing off how much money they have. They arent serving a purpose. The innocent children in the water shouldn't have to worry about being killed.

The entire point is, while there is no way to make it completely safe, 99.999999 percent of the time nothing happens. And the tiny tiny percent of the time when something does happen, once again 99.9999 percent of the time its someone doing it in a insane matter in a insanely bad place.

But just keep acting like its even remotely a problem, like everyone who does it (even when they limit themselves to non insane speeds/places) are constantly endangering little johnny bicycle.

I notice you never answered.... You never, ever, accelerate hard in your 97 cobra on the street right? And surely never over the speed limit. Or is accelerating hard only dangerous when another car is doing it next to you?

How is it endangering John q public when you limit yourself to a reasonable speed for the area, when the path is clear, when you can see if any traffic is coming on side streets etc?

Edit: in case you're having reading comprehension problems (or more likely didn't actually read the post/study since it destroys your position) drunk driving deaths don't make street racing deaths OK. The study found that often the participants in fatal street races were both teenagers AND alcohol was involved. Is it much of a leap to say they were probably NOT driving at anything but insane speeds for the area and picked a bad one at that? Or that they did something pretty dammed stupid like racing over a blind hill or around a corner etc? I can't think of a dumber decision making machine than a drunk teenager behind the wheel.

Last edited:

bokyo1987

Established Member
I perk up every time I see a performance/sports car going in the same direction. I always end up watching them drive away though since I rarely instigate.

I never get asked for random pulls!

97ReoCobra

Established Member
If you continue to think that since one thing is bad, doing another bad thing is ok, I can only hope someday you will get it.
Your analogies are ridiculous you should stop. They make you look foolish.

There is no reason to hunt. It's nothing but chest thumping. Nobody needs meat from some poor animal. I don't care if only 80 people a year die from it, one is too many.

There is no reason to go boating. It's just assholes showing off how much money they have. They arent serving a purpose. The innocent children in the water shouldn't have to worry about being killed.

The entire point is, while there is no way to make it completely safe, 99.999999 percent of the time nothing happens. And the tiny tiny percent of the time when something does happen, once again 99.9999 percent of the time its someone doing it in a insane matter in a insanely bad place.

But just keep acting like its even remotely a problem, like everyone who does it (even when they limit themselves to non insane speeds/places) are constantly endangering little johnny bicycle.

I notice you never answered.... You never, ever, accelerate hard in your 97 cobra on the street right? And surely never over the speed limit. Or is accelerating hard only dangerous when another car is doing it next to you?

How is it endangering John q public when you limit yourself to a reasonable speed for the area, when the path is clear, when you can see if any traffic is coming on side streets etc?

Edit: in case you're having reading comprehension problems (or more likely didn't actually read the post/study since it destroys your position) drunk driving deaths don't make street racing deaths OK. The study found that often the participants in fatal street races were both teenagers AND alcohol was involved. Is it much of a leap to say they were probably NOT driving at anything but insane speeds for the area and picked a bad one at that? Or that they did something pretty dammed stupid like racing over a blind hill or around a corner etc? I can't think of a dumber decision making machine than a drunk teenager behind the wheel.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I perk up every time I see a performance/sports car going in the same direction. I always end up watching them drive away though since I rarely instigate.

I never get asked for random pulls!

Jesus, your putting down 582 in a little 135? I probably wouldn't even think to engage you. With a car like yours you need to be the predator and let the butt hurt ensue.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
If you continue to think that since one thing is bad, doing another bad thing is ok, I can only hope someday you will get it.
Your analogies are ridiculous you should stop. They make you look foolish.

Where am I saying that? I don't think hunting or boating is bad. I think that hunting and boating can both either be done with realitive saftey if you follow a few common sense precautions, or be incredibly dangerous if you follow none and/or mix alcohol with them.....just like street racing.

Can't help but notice again you dodge the question about your car and the street....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So someone has to die for it to be a threat? Your stats show that it is unlikely people will die from a street race, but how many people are injured? How many cars are damaged? outside of those fatal accidents.

Actually this reasoning is very sound. In theory, street racing accidents would be more likely to involve excessive speed, therefore the likelihood of a fatality would be greater. The fact that the numbers are so low only emphasize the statistical insignificance of street racing.

Street racing is one cause of death that is 100% preventable period. the other thing is that most deaths cause by idiot street racers are innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with the race in question. not all morons are street racers but all street racers are certainly morons

LostPony

Established Member
It has been ages since I was "called out" by someone, but it usually happens when I make my yearly trip to Baltimore for steamed crabs around my birthday. The last time someone tried to call me out was the day I drove my new to me '09 Z06 home from the dealer. I was minding my own business trying to figure out how to operate the radio as I was driving on 270 near Gaithersburg MD when I noticed a car shadowing me. I glanced over to see a 350Z pacing me, I ignored him as it was Thanksgiving weekend and police presence was high in the area, traffic was heavy, and I was pretty sure it would have been a waste of my time. Had the road been wide open in front of us, and not a holiday weekend, I would have likely run him a little.

I did come up on a '03-04 Cobra 'vert a few weeks back near Leesburg at a light. He was directly in front of me and first at the light so I thought he might get on it, but even though it sounded good, and seemed like he was giving it a little more than most, when I accelerated and pulled into the other lane I think he just settled in to the posted speed so nothing happened and I felt like an idiot as I blasted by so I got as far over as I could to avoid having to make eye contact with him at another light.

I enjoy giving another car a run and usually will do so from a light to the posted limit, give or take a few MPH, or on the highway as long as it is wide open. On the highway I give up pretty quickly as you can tell long before getting to triple digit speeds if you are faster or slower than the other guy, so I see no reason to risk an accident-ticket-whatever by going too far past posted limits.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Street racing is one cause of death that is 100% preventable period. the other thing is that most deaths cause by idiot street racers are innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with the race in question. not all morons are street racers but all street racers are certainly morons

So street racing is the only cause of death that is 100 percent preventable? Really?

Hunting kills a few people year from poor shots who hit drivers, people in homes, etc. It is 100 percent useless in a society with cheap grocery stores.

Boating kills a few people a year who are not boating (swimming). Purely done for fun, no useful service is performed.

Dog ownership kills/mauls plenty if children each year. Any modern security system can take the place of a dog for less expense while doing a better job. No reason to own a dog other than pleasure.

Need I go on? I can pick apart almost any activity you might be interested in, point out the statistically insignificant amount of assholes that perform said activity with reckless abandon, and then shame everyone doing the activity as a horrible person uselessly risking lives for nothing but their own entertainment.

I'll also ask you the same question. You never, ever, accelerate hard on the street in your car right? You never take anyone for a spirited joyride correct? And surely you never, ever, exceed the speed limit.

Do you have any idea the percentage of fatal wrecks that are purely the result of excessive speed for conditions? What a monster you are, risking little johnny bicycle going 10 mph over the speed limit...

Last edited:

bokyo1987

Established Member
Jesus, your putting down 582 in a little 135? I probably wouldn't even think to engage you. With a car like yours you need to be the predator and let the butt hurt ensue.

582whp on e85, not sure what I would put down on my 93oct DD tune though.

I might end up instigating like you're suggesting... I think I would still be competitive running pump gas only.

Just noticed you're in Louisville... contemplated attending Louisville a long while ago, ended up going to UK instead lol.

Last edited:

EB85

Established Member
they're definitely true sleepers.

I sometimes have to do a double take. Especially on the newer body style ones. The higher end Grand Cherokee's can look like an SRT and vice versa with the cladding and fog lights.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So street racing is the only cause of death that is 100 percent preventable? Really? ...
where did I say this? typical of street racers, they KNOW it is a dumb thing to do so when called out on it they come up with this kind of bullshit.
Hunting kills a few people year from poor shots who hit drivers, people in homes, etc. It is 100 percent useless in a society with cheap grocery stores....
Hahahahahahahaha poor shots? really? Hahahahahaha accidental hunting deaths have nothing to do with "poor shots" it has to do with people who, just like street racers, ignore safety and other rules because they a lot of times (in the case of street racers ALL the time) think they are above the rules
Boating kills a few people a year who are not boating (swimming). Purely done for fun, no useful service is performed.....
where did I say anything about street racing not performing a "service" again you deflect because you know you are in the wrong here so you are grasping at straw in order to bolster your false comparison. Boating is LEGAL, hunting is LEGAL, street racing is ILLEGAL . you using this shit in order to justify your illegal activity is laughable at best.
Dog ownership kills/mauls plenty if children each year. Any modern security system can take the place of a dog for less expense while doing a better job. No reason to own a dog other than pleasure......
I have already addressed the stupidity of this kind of argument, Dog ownership is LEGAL and if you will notice in a lot of communities they have been making ownership of a lo of breeds illegal. oh and in case you missed the first part dog ownership is LEGAL street racing is ILLEGAL
Need I go on? ......
sure if you want to continue to entertain us with bullshit arguments and false comparisons
I can pick apart almost any activity you might be interested in, point out the statistically insignificant amount of assholes that perform said activity with reckless abandon, and then shame everyone doing the activity as a horrible person uselessly risking lives for nothing but their own entertainment.
I think I have already shown that comparing a LEGAL activity which may be dangerous under some circumstances to an ILLEGAL activity which is dangerous in ALL circumstances it really an exercise in making yourself look pretty foolish. Not to mention that in ALL the comparisons you make the cause of death is being abjectly stupid on the part of the person causing the death.
I'll also ask you the same question. You never, ever, accelerate hard on the street in your car right? You never take anyone for a spirited joyride correct? And surely you never, ever, exceed the speed limit.
of course I have. but I don't street race. the difference is during the activities you talk about I am concentrating on my car, not the person that may be in the car and certainly not the car I am racing since I am not racing. and, if caught doing those activities I man up and pay the fine. I don't look for ways to avoid paying the penalty that I have earned. I have yet to see a street racer who posts in the donut shop saying "I got caught street racing, I am going to man up and go to jail because I was being stupid". I have yet to see a street racer say that if they were racing they would stop if someone other than them got hurt no they all to a man would run and hope to avoid the jail time associated with street racing where an injury has occurred. which makes them irresponsible cowards as well as criminals.

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Agreed. Wouldn't ever engage but would get butt hurt and smile afterwards

Come on man. Buy a Prius then

2000gt4.6

Established Member
1. You said that street racing is the only activity which kills innocent people yet is 100 percent avoidable. It is not.

2. I get it now, it's OK to kill innocent people, so long as the specific activity youre engaged in is legal. Yeah, that makes perfect sense....

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/IncidentReport/huntCurrent.html

So item 3, from a government website, hunter shooting victim 811 feet apart (non hunter). Ha ha right? Let's remember, even one is to many... too bad about 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19 huh. This is ONE YEAR in ONE STATE.

4. Speaking of illegal activities, by a accelerating hard and going over limit youre breaking the law. But somehow that is OK because you're "paying attention to your car". But people who are street racing are somehow all not paying attention to their car or where it is driving. Only you can do this, and only when nobody is beside you... da faq?

Also, you will "man up" if you cause a accident while doing a illegal activity, but somehow everyone else doing a very similar illegal activity (literally the only difference being the number of participants ) will certainly never do so. Wow...

6. So, once again, you engage in an activity that you infer may be illegal but in your opinion can be safe if done correctly (hard acceleration and speeding). However, adding a second driver to the mix now make this activity completely unsafe to not only the active participants but also to John q public. Regardless of situation, location, speed achieved, etc etc. Two cars accelerating side by side is always dangerous while one by itself is not.

This could be used as an example of hipocracy in a dictionary.

7. Of COURSE the person causing the death was acting stupidly. Just like a the under 20 street races a year that cause non participant deaths. Just like you would be if you were on a solo high speed cruise and crossed center on a curve, plowing minivan mom. Just like I would be if I choose to street race on a busy street with lots of side streets and plowed Billy bicycle on the sidewalk.

That doesn't stop you from picking a empty back road to fly down. And it doesn't stop me from doing a little 0-90 run on the empty four lane divided streets that circle the city here.

Every activity you do, every day, has some inherit risk. Getting out of bed today might end up killing you. You must gauge the risk. And with the millions upon millions of street races per year, and the resulting 100 deaths, I'd call it a activity that can be done fairly safely under the right conditons.

where did I say this? typical of street racers, they KNOW it is a dumb thing to do so when called out on it they come up with this kind of bullshit.
Hahahahahahahaha poor shots? really? Hahahahahaha accidental hunting deaths have nothing to do with "poor shots" it has to do with people who, just like street racers, ignore safety and other rules because they a lot of times (in the case of street racers ALL the time) think they are above the rules
where did I say anything about street racing not performing a "service" again you deflect because you know you are in the wrong here so you are grasping at straw in order to bolster your false comparison. Boating is LEGAL, hunting is LEGAL, street racing is ILLEGAL . you using this shit in order to justify your illegal activity is laughable at best.
I have already addressed the stupidity of this kind of argument, Dog ownership is LEGAL and if you will notice in a lot of communities they have been making ownership of a lo of breeds illegal. oh and in case you missed the first part dog ownership is LEGAL street racing is ILLEGAL
sure if you want to continue to entertain us with bullshit arguments and false comparisons
I think I have already shown that comparing a LEGAL activity which may be dangerous under some circumstances to an ILLEGAL activity which is dangerous in ALL circumstances it really an exercise in making yourself look pretty foolish. Not to mention that in ALL the comparisons you make the cause of death is being abjectly stupid on the part of the person causing the death.
of course I have. but I don't street race. the difference is during the activities you talk about I am concentrating on my car, not the person that may be in the car and certainly not the car I am racing since I am not racing. and, if caught doing those activities I man up and pay the fine. I don't look for ways to avoid paying the penalty that I have earned. I have yet to see a street racer who posts in the donut shop saying "I got caught street racing, I am going to man up and go to jail because I was being stupid". I have yet to see a street racer say that if they were racing they would stop if someone other than them got hurt no they all to a man would run and hope to avoid the jail time associated with street racing where an injury has occurred. which makes them irresponsible cowards as well as criminals.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Do you guys ever go for an easy kill? Like do you ever get bored or need a confidence booster and decide to pick on the riced out Honda or VW? Or is even cheap gas not worth being used on it? I have yet to actually line up against anyone I knew I could take. I have a guy in a new CTS-V trying to egg me on but I knew I would wrecked like a drunken prom date so I politely declined. But I tried to mess with a kid who was driving like a dildo in a riced out RSX in my buddy's development. He stared me down, revved at me as he drove by when I parked and yet when I got behind him leaving said development, he put on his 4-ways and pulled over. Then he proceeded to rev at me again.:nonono:

He was maybe 19 and embarrassing him in front of his jailbait GF would have made my day.

I dont look for "RoadKills." if someone flexes.. I might go. it depends... Im not gonna waste my time on a riced up civic. but a Slowmaro... its game on.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I sometimes have to do a double take. Especially on the newer body style ones. The higher end Grand Cherokee's can look like an SRT and vice versa with the cladding and fog lights.

The newer ones are difficult to tell apart if you don't know what to look for

Not to any car guys. We know what they are.

a vast majority of people on the road aren't like us

Users who are viewing this thread