A-pillar gauge pod

calebdnehus

Established Member
Anyone know of an A-pillar gauge pod that is better quality than Autometer? I made the mistake of buying theirs, the pattern does not match stock, the material is quite a bit different making the shade of black slightly darker, and it doesnt line up the retaining clip with the hole drilled in the pillar. I'm running it right now but will be taking it out as soon as I find a viable replacement

calebdnehus

Established Member
Nobody mounted a boost gauge in these new cars? Yall gotta have some ideas for me, hell anything would probably look better than the way i have it now

thehunterooo

Established Member
I think I have only seen that pod you are talking about. A lot of people either mount the gauges in the AC vents or for boosted GTs with the PP will swap out the PP gauges for the EB PP gauges which has the boost gauge instead of the vacuum. Where is your gauge mounted at now?

calebdnehus

Established Member
I think I have only seen that pod you are talking about. A lot of people either mount the gauges in the AC vents or for boosted GTs with the PP will swap out the PP gauges for the EB PP gauges which has the boost gauge instead of the vacuum. Where is your gauge mounted at now?

I have it mounted in that A-pillar pod that I dislike. I would have gone with the ecoboost gauge but it is not as accurate as an analog gauge is. I may give it a shot while I have my analog still hooked up. If they both read about the same, I may keep the eco gauge and sell the analog. We will see

calebdnehus

Established Member
Shelby sells one, but it could be the one you have and rebranded-

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/atm-12128.htm

Yeah, that one appears to be autometer as well. So far they are the only ones I have seen for the 2015+. I'm surprised theres not a bigger presence in the market for all the boosted cars out there. Maybe people arent as picky as me? I dont know. I'd like to find someone who could custom fab one up using my stock A-pillar somehow, expensive but at least it look close to good. Havent had any luck finding a custom interior shop yet though

Users who are viewing this thread