A New Snake has been Unleashed.

Litespeed

CYAH
Established Member
Ordered 7/25/02.
Delivered 1/8/03. Picked it up yesterday 1/18/03.

Flew out to Michigan from Chicago and drove her back yesterday. There were two scary moments that could have ruined my weekend. Let's just say, I won't be driving her in the snow anymore. Traction Control was useless. I am glad I stuck with the Yellow. Unfortunately, it doesn't help the people who don't check their blind spots when changing lanes. So make that three scary moments.

On to the better half. I've never had so much Fun in a car; this thing is a MONSTER !

Scott Danbert from Dean Sellers Ford was a pleasure to deal with. Honest, no BS, and he knows his customers. He was kind enough to let me pick it up at his house since the dealership is closed on weekends.

No Vibe or Pull, just a little warped front spoiler lip. Planned intial mods are the usual intake and exhaust.

Too bad its winter season here. :??:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
005a.jpg

Congrats - & enjoy the ride :beer:

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Congrats. I picked up my black Vert on Friday 01/17/03.
I also drove it home in the snow, about 10 km. I was just as scared as you were and I agree that this car is a monster. I think Ford fixed the clogged cats and the alignment problems the first and second run Cobras had.
Great car.

Last edited:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Congrats, way to get her home in one piece:beer:

Look at it this way at least you will only have to suffer through half a winter.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Congrats Litespeed!! You're the only other Yellow 03 that I know of in the area! I love mine!! I'm sure you'll love yours!

FYI... I hate the winter here too... have a Hyundai Accent to drive as my beater... makes me appreciate the Cobra even more!!!

Congrats again!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
welcome! :beer:

I've dealt with a lot of car salespeople over the years and Scott definitely stands out.......as you said, he's honest with no BS and the same can be said for Dean Sellers Ford, they're a local SVT sponsor and I think most of their staff are performance nuts and that includes the owners :thumbsup:

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
Congrats! :beer:

Any plans on swinging by the engine plant for pics of you & your engine builders? I'd like to. I have family in the Detroit area, so our next trip up there, that's what I'm planning on doin'.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
Congrats! :beer:

Any plans on swinging by the engine plant for pics of you & your engine builders? I'd like to. I have family in the Detroit area, so our next trip up there, that's what I'm planning on doin'.

I don't know anyone who works at the Romeo plant but I go there every year for a big car show....they're in the process of adding a whole new, very modern building where I was told the next generation niche line will reside.

let me know if you're coming up here, I'd be glad to meet up!

of course if you're smart, you'll plan that trip for the middle of August (Aug 16th, to be exact), so that you can attend the Woodward Dream Cruise :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Litespeed

CYAH
Established Member
Thanks Guys.

byevette, sorry, no pics in the snow.
But here's some pics before I left on imagestation.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290800007

YoungCobra, Congrats on your car :beer:

BoneCrusher, a good way to look at it. If only winter would go away as fast as the gas ;)

dmreitz, it was you who made me decide to stick with yellow. I was worried about drawing attention from cops, but I've gotten over it :-D .

f4sfed, haven't thought about it, but it sounds like a good idea for you since you have family there.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Originally posted by Litespeed

<snip>

dmreitz, it was you who made me decide to stick with yellow. I was worried about drawing attention from cops, but I've gotten over it :-D .

<snip>

AHHH! I remember that conversation... Sweet... yeah, I haven't had any problems with cops...

I know a few of us from the south/southwest burbs were talking of getting together in the spring (no details yet)... you'll have to join us!

03BlueSnake

Congrats on your new ride!

I'm in Northern IL, so I'd love to get together with you guys in the spring.

Driving in the snow sucks! I'm not sure if I hate the actual driving part or the fact that I have to wash my car every other day. I have a Sonic Blue vert. After driving around for a couple of days, it almost looks white from all the salt on the roads.

With this car, I don't think the color matters. I've been pulled over 3 times, all for BS reasons, like fuzzy dice hanging from my mirror, my license plate cover in the back was dirty and for doing 35 in a 30. No tickets, but is is irritating.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread