A little video my buddy made of my last track outing

04compgt

Established Member
My car is the black GT in the video. There were some other cars that he video'd and he included them. My mods are:

Pypes LT's
Pypes Off Road X
GT500 Mufflers
Boss Intake Manifold
Airaid CAI
Self Tuned
Racestar Big and littles
47# Injectors
E85
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Relocation Brackets
BMR Sway bar Relocation
Racestars Big and Littles
MT 275/60/15 ET Pro
Circle D 5C Torque Converter
Weight Reduction

[youtube_browser]uD1fCXAdiLI[/youtube_browser]
timeslipbest_zps7ab4f0a9.jpg

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
is it just me or does it sound like the car lays down at the 1:27 mark? 4th gear shift sounds a lil mushy also. Great runs regardless.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The last .01 you need to go 10s is right there in your 3 to 4 shift. Self tune that bitch so it shifts right and you'll run 10s all day!

Nice video

04compgt

Established Member
is it just me or does it sound like the car lays down at the 1:27 mark? 4th gear shift sounds a lil mushy also. Great runs regardless.

Yeah I have 4th gear to shift like stock, I was having a flare issue on the 3-4 shift when I command it to shift any harder. The car is not laying down. What you are hearing is the converter locking up, I have it locking fairly hard so it makes that bog noise but I found that the car picks up better the second half this way.

04compgt

Established Member
The last .01 you need to go 10s is right there in your 3 to 4 shift. Self tune that bitch so it shifts right and you'll run 10s all day!

Nice video

Thanks man. Ill have to go back out and see if my new changes fixed the flare, it feels great on the street. Otherwise I can almost bet is the solenoid in the valve body. The better solution would be a 3.31 gear and not have to use 4th gear since the datalog shows the car falling off pretty bad in 4th.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Hmm..not sure actually. Nitro Jam tonight, but I don't know the next time I/we will be racing.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
What gears are in the car? Do you think the car would run 10s if you geared it up to finish strong in 4th gear?

That thing is flying!

04compgt

Established Member
What gears are in the car? Do you think the car would run 10s if you geared it up to finish strong in 4th gear?

That thing is flying!

I absolutely think the car will run 10s with the 3.31's and not having to use 4th gear. Or with a 4.30 gear it will run a 10s as well. It has the trap speed but its losing ET on the 3-4 shift.

casper gt

Established Member
Thanks man. Ill have to go back out and see if my new changes fixed the flare, it feels great on the street. Otherwise I can almost bet is the solenoid in the valve body. The better solution would be a 3.31 gear and not have to use 4th gear since the datalog shows the car falling off pretty bad in 4th.

the car looks great!

I do agree the 3.73's aren't helping, but I'm not sold on 3.31's & giving up he 60'.

we are going bigger (4.56's?) certainly not smaller, lol.

04compgt

Established Member
the car looks great!

I do agree the 3.73's aren't helping, but I'm not sold on 3.31's & giving up he 60'.

we are going bigger (4.56's?) certainly not smaller, lol.

Don't worry I am not doing any gear changes anytime soon. I think the 3.73's are the perfect gear for my end goal and plan for the car. I daily drive this car and I can't put a 4.30 or 4.56 in there it will make highway driving a really bad experience. I plan on spraying 125-150 shot and going 9s on the bottle.

casper gt

Established Member
Don't worry I am not doing any gear changes anytime soon. I think the 3.73's are the perfect gear for my end goal and plan for the car. I daily drive this car and I can't put a 4.30 or 4.56 in there it will make highway driving a really bad experience. I plan on spraying 125-150 shot and going 9s on the bottle.

well then 3.73's makes sence for shure.................:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread