A little update on my car... :)

Hello, everyone! So I know it's been a while since I've posted, so I figured I'd give everyone a formal introduction to my 're-vamped' Cobra. :p

5238080827_96c30ede00_b.jpg

5239569726_5c91872849_b.jpg

5152418417_6571531238_b.jpg

5153027506_c6331f982a_b.jpg

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCM77MMyPxo"]YouTube - HansJr.com - Danielle's Turbo Cobra Testing @ PBIR.......[/nomedia]

:D

Those track passes were just to get an idea of what the car would run...I was majorly babying the car down the track. I'm thinking it'll be right around 120mph with a better launch and faster shifting. If anyone knows who I am, you know my whole retarded motor dilemma...so the car is only seeing 10psi right now. I have a new motor waiting to go into the car...so once that happens, I'll really be waking her up - E-85, Megasquirt and more boost! :p

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
What's the motor/turbo setup? What kind of power did it make? I expected better traps than that.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Great looking car, nice work! Only thing I'd like to see on there is an IRS swap. I've seen a few 94-98's with the IRS swap and think it looks so perfect...

Looks wicked. What kind of tail pipes are those?

Thank you! :) They are actually some tails my b/f bought for me randomly one day at the local muffler shop (most girls get flowers, I get exhaust tips! :p).

wicked looking.... very nice!

Thank you! :)

What's the motor/turbo setup? What kind of power did it make? I expected better traps than that.

The previous owner of the car blew the motor and had an 03 GT short block installed, then the car was sold to me without being informing of the swap (the car had a novi2000 at the time, so the s/c plate was covering the block).

So the car has a stock iron GT block, GT crank, rods and pistons, stock 97 Cobra 4v heads and the b/f and I built the kit with a 61mm Precision turbo making 410rwhp and 419rwtq on 10psi. It's making more power and trapping a lot higher than we had expected, so I'm happy!

We basically have the car running pretty conservative considering the motor setup. The car is running on 93 octane, and it's my DD still. :rockon:

Great looking car, nice work! Only thing I'd like to see on there is an IRS swap. I've seen a few 94-98's with the IRS swap and think it looks so perfect...

Thanks! I'm keeping away from IRS mainly because I drag race the car. I've already blown the stock rear 2 times n/a, and almost blew it once with the turbo (broke a couple teeth off the spider gears, but I was still able to drive it home). LOL I don't think IRS half shafts would hold up to my launches. :X

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Cobra Danielle, and great photos. I like the black wheels with the black paint. Continued best with it! And here's to no more damaged rear ends! :beer:

Thanks very much, everyone! I'm hoping I'll have the new motor done and ready to throw into the car within the next few months, so we'll see what happens there. :)

Nice looking Cobra Danielle, and great photos. I like the black wheels with the black paint. Continued best with it! And here's to no more damaged rear ends! :beer:

Haha hell yea! 31 spline FTW lol

And thank you very much! The wheels used to be black chrome, but the cheap china coating disintegrated, so I sanded them down with a brillo pad and puff caned the wheels black. :X I was scared that they would just make the car look dirty, but I'm really liking the blacked out look!

Hooooooly crap that white fox fu**ed his car up! :uh oh:

Haha yea...I don't think that was neutral! lol

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
looks good! seems very conservative with those numbers. crazy stuff about the gt shortblock in there. amazing what some people do these days.

Detroit

Established Member
Nice looking Cobra..

Ever go to John G's for breakfast in Lake Worth? We go all the time when we are down there, its a bit of a drive but it is the bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread