A little saturday play.....

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Well, I found myself playing around with a C6 ZO6 on I-95N. That thing moves out but we lined them up pretty even a couple times and went at it! We were door to door up to about 140mph both times before I shut it down. His license plate read "FST4WRD". The driver was pretty cool though. I'd say he was in his mid 30's. He gave me a thumps up and went on about his business. I was sort of surprised how well my car stayed with him for only having a 2.76 upper. I do have some weight reduction mods though. Overall, it was a great experience. :)

P.S. He had no bow tie but was wearing a dark colored sports jacket and dark sunglasses, lol.

Z.jpg

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
how did you hang with him? you only have a pulley

That's what I said initially! I have a 2.76 upper on a non-ported eaton, full exhaust (long tubes), weight reduction mods and a great tune. The car now has 70k miles on the ticker. I think he was shocked as well since he couldn't see me in his rear view, lol.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
wow! good kill for a non-ported cobra!! what kind of weight reductions do you have and how much does your car weight?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Thanks! I'm not sure how much it weighs but I have the following:

Cobra Daytona racing seats w/ rear seat delete
Carpet padding removed and truck liner
spare and jack removed
rear differential weight removed
MM K-Member and A-Arms
MM Coilovers front and rear
CCW Wheels :lol:

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Maybe he was playing with you? IMHO you should have gotten destroyed for only having a pulley:shrug:

But congrats on hangin:beer:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Maybe he was playing with you? IMHO you should have gotten destroyed for only having a pulley:shrug:

But congrats on hangin:beer:

There's no way he was playing with me going 140+mph. I could've cared less if I lost or not. I'm just surprised my car stuck it out with him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread