A little goofy, but...who here has the highest mileage GT500?

HKusp

Established Member
I think I may be in the running as I turned 130,000 on my '09 yesterday and it got me wondering who, if anyone has a higher mileage GT500 than I do. I know there are plenty of you with very low miles and are for keeping them low for resale value. I have only had my car since 9/7/2018 and it already had 113K and change on it when I purchased it. It sat for almost 3 months this past winter waiting on suspension upgrades and McLeod to rebuild my clutch and recondition the flywheel. That puts me at 16,000+ in under 51 weeks of ownership. Honor system if you want, or we can take pics and post our odometer if you'd like, as there is no prize except knowing that your car has been thoroughly enjoyed.

Attachments

• 20190829_145414.jpg
    20190829_145414.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 149

merkyworks

Established Member
You got some miles on her man, that awesome!

Bought mine 4 years ago with 12k miles, it's my daily and has 44k miles now.

tktlwyr

Established Member
Glad to know they hang in there that long.

Most of the problems I have had in 110,000 miles have been related to defective parts, bad install work and just dumb luck. The list is truly amazing and most of you would be surprised I’ve kept the car. LOL The only people allowed to touch my car for anything other than normal maintenance now is Power By The Hour in Palm Beack, FL. These guys are legit.

One of the few OEM Ford issues I have had has been a intermittent drivability issue that no one could source the problem. The car would just start to shutter and buck under load. Data logging showed nothing. I just got the car back from replacing the engine harness yesterday. Apparently there was quite a bit of corrosion on some of the pins. Fingers crossed.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Most of the problems I have had in 110,000 miles have been related to defective parts, bad install work and just dumb luck. The list is truly amazing and most of you would be surprised I’ve kept the car. LOL The only people allowed to touch my car for anything other than normal maintenance now is Power By The Hour in Palm Beack, FL. These guys are legit.

One of the few OEM Ford issues I have had has been a intermittent drivability issue that no one could source the problem. The car would just start to shutter and buck under load. Data logging showed nothing. I just got the car back from replacing the engine harness yesterday. Apparently there was quite a bit of corrosion on some of the pins. Fingers crossed.
Corrosion will do shit like that. hopefully you have your issue resolved!

Smokinstang65

Driving Fast or Flying Slow?
Established Member
I think I may be in the running as I turned 130,000 on my '09 yesterday and it got me wondering who, if anyone has a higher mileage GT500 than I do. I know there are plenty of you with very low miles and are for keeping them low for resale value. I have only had my car since 9/7/2018 and it already had 113K and change on it when I purchased it. It sat for almost 3 months this past winter waiting on suspension upgrades and McLeod to rebuild my clutch and recondition the flywheel. That puts me at 16,000+ in under 51 weeks of ownership. Honor system if you want, or we can take pics and post our odometer if you'd like, as there is no prize except knowing that your car has been thoroughly enjoyed.

And here i thought turning 100k on my 08 today was a feat! Good maintenance will keep these cars running like a top!

mikes35

Established Member
The big question ... Any MAJOR repairs? Like, head job, engine rebuild, trans rebuild in those 182k?

None that I am aware of, at least not in my ownership. I do have some things that need repair like the clutch has to be pushed really hard against the floor or the car won't crank. The AC has a slow leak somewhere, since it's a convertible I don't worry about it too much - I just put a can of freon in it whenever the air stops blowing cold. The rearend works fine but is crazy loud but with the top down 95% of the time when I drive it I don't really notice it. The drivers seat won't move forward and the drivers door panel needs to be reglued. I added a CAI, 2.5mm pulley, 90mm idler and VMP tune at 178,000 miles. I'm considering installing a 2014 TVS, 67mm VMP TB, 52lb fuel injectors, 65mm pulley and JLT 123mm CAI (vs the Steeda CAI I currently have.) I have the 2014 setup but I'm not sure if I want to tempt fate. I also have a 2014 complete rearend with 3.73 gear and larger brakes that I may install this Winter if I have time.

mikes35

Established Member
We don't have the highest mileage, but look at our mpg BABY! 2011 gt500View attachment 1598741

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If work would let me have a 2 door for travel I'd definitely have a GT500, one that get's that kind of mileage on the highway would be great! My 2016 C300 is a 4cyl turbo that get's anywhere from 32 to 38 mpg. I'd sacrifice some comfort and mpgs if I could get that close in fuel economy.

Smokinstang65

Driving Fast or Flying Slow?
Established Member
None that I am aware of, at least not in my ownership. I do have some things that need repair like the clutch has to be pushed really hard against the floor or the car won't crank. The AC has a slow leak somewhere, since it's a convertible I don't worry about it too much - I just put a can of freon in it whenever the air stops blowing cold. The rearend works fine but is crazy loud but with the top down 95% of the time when I drive it I don't really notice it. The drivers seat won't move forward and the drivers door panel needs to be reglued. I added a CAI, 2.5mm pulley, 90mm idler and VMP tune at 178,000 miles. I'm considering installing a 2014 TVS, 67mm VMP TB, 52lb fuel injectors, 65mm pulley and JLT 123mm CAI (vs the Steeda CAI I currently have.) I have the 2014 setup but I'm not sure if I want to tempt fate. I also have a 2014 complete rearend with 3.73 gear and larger brakes that I may install this Winter if I have time.
Ahh ok, so essentially in modded til 178k? Still damn fine for not needing any major repairs. I haven't replaced the clutch since 30k miles when Ford did the TSB on mine. I have gone through the suspension for mods, smoked the Ford rearend and replaced it with a Detroit Tru-trac and I did the JLT power pack at 60k, so she's taken 550RWHP fine for the last 40k. I've got a VMP Gen3 that'll I'll be installing here in the next few months that should about round out my motor mods.

I also have the same door panel issue. I'm just taking it to an interior shop and having them replaced. I tried reglueing and it came back undone again twice and I finally got mad one day and ripped it off the door panel. Figured on or off was better than dangling.

Users who are viewing this thread