A little burnout action in the Jeep (SRT)...

Teal Terminator

Established Member
It was time to replace my Goodyear Runcraps and I happily sent them out in billowing cloud of smoke!

[youtube_browser]9ELdjRGiBAg[/youtube_browser]

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Nice...easy to pull the front driveshaft I take it?

Some guys just remove the transfer case control module fuse but that forces the clutches to slip. Which from my understanding isn't going to destroy anything in the time it takes to do a burnout but the safer method is just to remove the transfer case motor itself. It's only four 10mm bolts and a plug and you can access without having the jack the truck up. So I did that in a parking lot just before going over to the spot where I taped this. It took all of 3 minutes.

You can also remove the front driveshaft but that takes more effort.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I would leave it in 2wd with some DRs:rockon::burnout:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Good stuff, OP...:rockon: I had no idea that it was that easy to "convert" to 2WD in the Jeep SRT8's...:shrug:

Very cool...:beer:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I mean if you truly wanted it 2WD you'd do like some guys that drag race them exclusively and remove the front axle and transfer case all together. But 99% of the time the fun of these things is the hole shot quickness, which is a result of the AWD. But I must admit, it was fun to have it be 2WD for a short period of time. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread