A few Sony head unit pics

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Here are a few pics of my Sony Head Unit. Black face plate when the H/U is off. Remote operated or opens up to get to manual controls. Built in EQ. Various movie and picture back drops. Good signal to noise ratio numbers. Single CD with changer hook ups.

At the moment, I'm using the built in H/U amp but that will change. I also still have the stock Mach 460 speakers. 10" Bazooka tube sub and amp. Still to come - Focal or other good speakers and additional amp. Maybe a better sub eventually.

Sorry about the smeared pics. I just cleaned off the lens now after looking at them. I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow.

attachment.php3

attachment.php3

attachment.php3

attachment.php3

attachment.php3

attachment.php3

flyn high again

Established Member
It was on sale at Crutchfield for $229 [reg. $369]. It's no Alpine but it has nice features and the price was right. The built in EQ is a big plus for adjusting the sound from the Mach 460 speakers.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
Did You say you are using the stock 460 amps? if so was there some sort of adapter/converter needed?or just a wiring harness --also how does it sound vs the stock HU

Last edited:

flyn high again

Established Member
I8URZ28 said:
Did You say you are using the stock 460 amps? if so was there some sort of adapter/converter needed?or just a wiring harness --also how does it sound vs the stock HU

Crutchfield supplies an included wiring harness to hook up to the stock system. The factory 460 front amp is removed along with the stock head unit. They come out of the dash together. I was going to use amps and speakers I had packed away but discovered a tear in one of the speakers so for the time being, I'm hooked into the stock speaker system. I'm using the head unit's amp which leaves a lot to be desired. It sounds OK but you can't crank it the way you could with an aftermarket amp and speakers. I have a Bazooka tube 10" sub and a Kenwood amp wired to power the sub. Eventually I will replace the stock speakers and add another amp.

Users who are viewing this thread