A few questions about E85 conversion

Taxan

Established Member
Hey guys.

I have a few questions about E85 conversion on a 2008 GT500 with stock blower, VMP 2.5 "pulley, NGK TR-7-IX and a Steeda intake.

I understand the need for a BAP and a fuel filter for E85 but what size injectors do I need?
Do I need to use special E85-compatible injectors or is that how much they flow that is crucial?
Do you have any suggestions on which injectors, filters and BAP I should use?

what is the reason that you check the ethanol content in the fuel when filling up the car? Is it just to know, or do you make some changes in the tune depending on the ethanol content?

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Injectors that are used for e85 are dependent on their flow ratings... With e85, you need an injector that can handle the increased flow needed for Ethanol. The most common would be the id1000 Injectors.

Check out Lethal Performance and look at their fuel filters. Division X makes a nice filter with a stainless insert that works great with e85. For a BAP, KB and VMP make BAP's. Get with Justin (@VMP) and pick up his BAP. He can also get you the injectors as well.

E85 at the pump can vary from E70 to E85. Most people that test there fuel are tuners or die-hard racers. We test the fuel and change the Stoich in the tune to accommodate the varying ethanol. The A/F will vary quite a bit from e70-e85.

Users who are viewing this thread