A few holy grails of the automotive world

ENV²

Established Member
The F40 is ungodly iconic, and in a class of it's own...but I'll take the Agera RS!

I flew to CA earlier this year for a super high end track day, like 9 Koenigseggs, 6 Paganis, 918, Senna, etc, etc. Koenigsegg had their official test driver there, and also one of their main software developer guys too. Filthy rich folks (and almost me) paid $800 for 4 laps in the Agera RS, and they were constantly left speechless. These are folks who have ridden in multiple 500K+ exotic cars, 1,000rwhp twin turbo Lambos, etc.

Their software guy summed it up something like this: "In first gear you instant think this is one of the fastest cars you've been in. In second gear, ok, you know for certain this is the fastest car you've been in. Then third gear hits, and you can't comprehend it. It pulls harder than 2nd. It's scary. As the car shifts into 4th, you think you're safe, it will "slow down" but on E85, 4th gear has the same rate of acceleration."

Google the top speed run they did in Nevada. They don't go full throttle till 200mph

The Agera RS is almost beyond what we call a Hypercar. It pushes every limit of technology and engineering...and that was a couple years ago. Their new Jesko has potential to be the first production car to hit 300mph.
Link to how I sign up? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is awesome! Thanks for the post and eye candy. Yeah, that F40!!!!

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
I'll take the Agera!

I guess the F40 is iconic, but it just doesnt do it for me. I totally get what it is and what it was for it's time, but IDK. Just, meh.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll take the Agera!

I guess the F40 is iconic, but it just doesnt do it for me. I totally get what it is and what it was for it's time, but IDK. Just, meh.

A lot might have to do with your age.

I was young enough when it came out that it essentially was “Ferrari” to me.

And while I always likes Mustangs, a Ford just isn’t a Ferrari, especially back in the late 80s/early 90s.

I still immediately think of that shape when someone says Ferrari.

blk02edge

Established Member
The F40 is ungodly iconic, and in a class of it's own...but I'll take the Agera RS!

I flew to CA earlier this year for a super high end track day, like 9 Koenigseggs, 6 Paganis, 918, Senna, etc, etc. Koenigsegg had their official test driver there, and also one of their main software developer guys too. Filthy rich folks (and almost me) paid $800 for 4 laps in the Agera RS, and they were constantly left speechless. These are folks who have ridden in multiple 500K+ exotic cars, 1,000rwhp twin turbo Lambos, etc.

Their software guy summed it up something like this: "In first gear you instant think this is one of the fastest cars you've been in. In second gear, ok, you know for certain this is the fastest car you've been in. Then third gear hits, and you can't comprehend it. It pulls harder than 2nd. It's scary. As the car shifts into 4th, you think you're safe, it will "slow down" but on E85, 4th gear has the same rate of acceleration."

Google the top speed run they did in Nevada. They don't go full throttle till 200mph

The Agera RS is almost beyond what we call a Hypercar. It pushes every limit of technology and engineering...and that was a couple years ago. Their new Jesko has potential to be the first production car to hit 300mph.
I truly cant imagine, after googling some specs the one:1 and Agera RS are faster from 0-300-0 than the holy trinity is just 0-300... Ive been full tits in a 918 spyder and it just doesnt compute in my brain

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
A lot might have to do with your age.

I was young enough when it came out that it essentially was “Ferrari” to me.

And while I always likes Mustangs, a Ford just isn’t a Ferrari, especially back in the late 80s/early 90s.

I still immediately think of that shape when someone says Ferrari.

Probably. It came out the year I was born! LOL

My "poster car" is the McLaren F1.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm jealous that you go to be there in person to witness that

blk02edge

Established Member
The real star, yours truly :D
20190518_163946.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
Looks like the hiway between Vancouver and Whistler.
This is at Area27 in Oliver. Those cars often cruise the sea-sky hwy though. Thats a pretty incredible stretch of road but the cops swarm. They just had the Diamond rally on the sea-sky and along the way they broke the world record for number of supercars on a runway.
Screenshot_2019-05-23-10-21-02-1.png

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
that's like a billion dollars in vehicles right there

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I truly cant imagine, after googling some specs the one:1 and Agera RS are faster from 0-300-0 than the holy trinity is just 0-300... Ive been full tits in a 918 spyder and it just doesnt compute in my brain

Thank you. It's one thing to say the average person can't comprehend the Agera RS, but when someone like yourself who's been all out in a 918 realizes how much "more" impressive the numbers are, that says something.

Oh, and when Koenigsegg smashed the 0-300-0km record that Bugatti set on their private track track...Koenigsegg did in on a public highway in NV with no prep. :)

blk02edge

Established Member
Where dat F40 though?
I wasnt there so not sure. We had a surgeon write one off at a car show a few years back, I think for the most part F40's are not driven anymore. Or at least very minimally

Users who are viewing this thread