A Detail Some May Enjoy

DivineDetail

Established Member
A Detail Some May Enjoy - 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III

Well this is a very different detail, probably one of the most rare ones i've ever done!! Anyways, here it is :)

This car was originally repainted in 1977 in a resto back when it was originally brought to North America. The paint was chipping and cracking but all and all not in too bad of shape. It has some rough spots but as far as im concered it just gives it charcater, it is after all rather old(1937 Phantom III)

We arrived and washed the car with zymol clear, clayed with riccardo. This let us see how bad the paint truly was. We follwed with a single pass of 3.02; this cleared it up to what the owner wanted(95% of the swirls gone). We then polished up the bright work with a few diffrent polishes and dressed the tires with SV Phnue. THEY WERE HUUUUGE.

We then called it a night, and came back the next day to finish it off. We wiped it down, hd-cleanse it, and then waxed with vintage. While the vintage cured we started work on another car from his collection (those pics will come later lol). Anywho, this car was a blast to work on. I think it was the most fun i have had on a detail ever..ohh and it was so cool moving it. Driving this thing was the highlight of my week

Some of the pics are during some are after, sorry I mixed up the order. We didn't end up with any before pics, we forgot the camera in the morning and grabbed it on our lunch break! Anyways, enjoy!

PIC_0181.jpg

PIC_0187.jpg

PIC_0188.jpg

PIC_0204.jpg

PIC_0205.jpg

PIC_0206.jpg

PIC_0207.jpg

PIC_0208.jpg

PIC_0210.jpg

PIC_0212.jpg

PIC_0213.jpg

PIC_0214.jpg

PIC_0217.jpg

PIC_0220.jpg

PIC_0221.jpg

PIC_0222.jpg

PIC_0223.jpg

PIC_0224.jpg

PIC_0225.jpg

PIC_0226.jpg

PIC_0246.jpg

PIC_0249.jpg

PIC_0259.jpg

PIC_0263.jpg

PIC_0148.jpg

PIC_0149.jpg

PIC_0150.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I want more pics of the Rolls sticking out in the background...

Car looks great! I wish cars still had this much character...

DivineDetail

Established Member
I want more pics of the Rolls sticking out in the background...

Car looks great! I wish cars still had this much character...

Which one, the white bentley, grey bentley, or the red and grey rolls royce in the garage?:D

They really do have such character, and the quality is simply stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread