A/c

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
I've tried to do some research on this little issue through CEG but nothing I dug up seemed to be well defined. When I am running the A/C or the defrost (windshield) my car intermittently bogs and then smoothens out again right afterwards. It seems to do it regularly every few seconds or so unless of course I shut it off in which case everything is gravy. So what's the deal with this fellas? I know some of you know what I'm talking about cause apparently it's a little more common than we'd like it to be. Can I fix it or not?

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Sounds like the clutch on the A/C compressor isn't working correctly. Maybe it's sticking and not disengaging like it should

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
I thought about that. I'll have to run the a/c while I'm out of the vehicle and the hood up and see if the compressor sounds or acts funny.

LilCe98

The One and Only
Established Member
It happens to me too. When the A/C is on my car has a mind of its own. Sometimes it would kinda jerk forward a little. Thats why i hate to run it in the city.

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
Yeah it's really annoying so I have to resort to 2x60 A/C (two windows down and 60 mph). Does yours do it when you use the windshield defrost also? I know it's probably related to the compressor somehow but the air still blows cold so it's kinda strange. Some people on CEG claim that's just the way it is and there isn't much you could do but that just dosen't sound right to me.

Users who are viewing this thread