A/C remove ??

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Hey guys hope not asking a dumb?.. just wondering what i have to do to remove all my A/C stuff. is there any special parts or any thing inn that nature that has to be done thanx..:shrug:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
remove your lines from fire wall going to your compressor, and lines going to your condensor. remove ac compressor and condensor( its in front of the radiator). and on my ac/power steering bracket i took a grinder and cut off wheel and cut the bracket in half.

are you wanting detailes on exactly how to do it or just what u gotta take off? its only maybe a hour of work and it will drop weight too. but if my ac worked when i got the car it wouldnt have come off lol

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
remove your lines from fire wall going to your compressor, and lines going to your condensor. remove ac compressor and condensor( its in front of the radiator). and on my ac/power steering bracket i took a grinder and cut off wheel and cut the bracket in half.

are you wanting detailes on exactly how to do it or just what u gotta take off? its only maybe a hour of work and it will drop weight too. but if my ac worked when i got the car it wouldnt have come off lol

Thanx for the info.. would like details just incase i do run into some problems.. will try working on it this afternoon but if i do run into some problems will let u know,,Thanx:banana:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have been debating this same issue. All my parts are currently on the car, but it has not worked in years. I think I charged it once and it would not hold the charge for long. I would not use it much anyway, I did not like how it made the car feel slower and run a little hotter. Now I use the car for mostly OT, and an occasional street cruise. The loss of 40lbs on the front end and a few extra free hp would be nice.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
I have been debating this same issue. All my parts are currently on the car, but it has not worked in years. I think I charged it once and it would not hold the charge for long. I would not use it much anyway, I did not like how it made the car feel slower and run a little hotter. Now I use the car for mostly OT, and an occasional street cruise. The loss of 40lbs on the front end and a few extra free hp would be nice.

Totally agree.. if i wanted a Cadillac i would have bought 1 but my intentions are to go fast.. IF UR NOT FIRST UR LAST..HAHA:rockon:

Frid

Established Member
Taking out the A/C and heater core was the easy for me. Straight up cut all my hoses and lines off lol. removed the compressor and heater core. Im building it for straight strip but its pretty easy to do.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Taking out the A/C and heater core was the easy for me. Straight up cut all my hoses and lines off lol. removed the compressor and heater core. Im building it for straight strip but its pretty easy to do.

So that was it just cut everything out.. did u have to replace a pulley in place of the compressor.. Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread