A-1 Steak Sauce

Yes or No to A-1 Steak sauce

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Fixed that for you.

Ruth's Chris is overrated. There is much better steak to be found elsewhere. The best steak is usually not at a chain, no matter how "high end" it seems.

(at least regarding the Ruth's Chris in Boston, I've never been to a RC anywhere else.)

I'm with you here.....Come out to Hilbilly nowhere where the meat was born, grown, and butchered within 20 miles of the resteraunt.....That is where good steaks are.

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
So all you guys who say it ruins a steak....do you eat your seafood plain (no butter, tartar sauce, tabassco etc.)?? I don't eat much seafood because it has no taste...the taste is the butter you dip it in or any other dipping sauce etc.

I don't like heavy sauces on my seafood either. Some fish taste similar, others are vastly different in taste and texture. I prefer a nice salmon filet, cooked on a cedar plank.

As far as steak, I think A1 hides the natural flavor of a great cut of beef. I want to taste beef...not a1.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
So all you guys who say it ruins a steak....do you eat your seafood plain (no butter, tartar sauce, tabassco etc.)?? I don't eat much seafood because it has no taste...the taste is the butter you dip it in or any other dipping sauce etc.

once again, if the seafood is good seafood, a little bit of herbs and salt/pepper is all you need. If you are eating seafood that has no flavor, then you might want to eat somewhere else.

2003 Silver

Banned
once again, if the seafood is good seafood, a little bit of herbs and salt/pepper is all you need. If you are eating seafood that has no flavor, then you might want to eat somewhere else.

So you eat your clams, lobster, crab etc. straight up...no drawn butter or the like?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As far as steak, I think A1 hides the natural flavor of a great cut of beef. I want to taste beef...not a1.

It can also make a good thing better, for those who have refined senses of taste. H57 has a good blend of spiciness that does not overwhelm but enhances a bloody steaks already delicious qualities. cavemen need not apply.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Coiled03 said:
Jesus people.....A-1 has nothing to do with hiding the tast of a bad steak. It compliments the taste of a good steak!
Huh? A truly good steak requires NOTHING to make it taste good!

U.M.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
your missing the point, its not about making it taste 'good', a good steak will taste good no matter if there is sauce or not, its about making it taste better!

:beer:
It is like buying sexy undies for your hot girlie. It makes a great thing taste greater.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I like Heinz 57 too. Another sauce that I have around is HP sauce. It's very popular in the UK and Canada. It's a vinegar based sauce with fruits and spices added.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
There's this Japanese steak house I like to frequent...they serve a side of mustard sauce.....gotta admit I love that sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread