_Lariats 97 Cobra build.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Hope you all had a merry Christmas! I've been waiting on MMR to ship some parts out. Little butthurt honestly. I was billed the 17th of this month. Wasnt informed of parts on backorder. I had to call them that Friday only to find out parts were backordered. I've been sitting waiting on them at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
So few updates.

1. after a month of waiting, I my parts finally showed up.

2. I had wrong parts, but we were able to work around that.

3. After cleaning parts up, and installing everything we have ignition!

4. IT RUNS GOOOOOD!

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Not much going on, got a pre-painted front bumper off a local guy going with a carbon single piece front end. Picked up another lid to shave, and so I could put my original back on the original intake.

Sad news, I think my block has some issues. I noted some liner protrusion when I pulled my old heads off. Figured I'd slap it together so I had something running for my brothers prom, the summer, and my wedding this fall. However I dont think I'll be able to race it like I was wanting to. It builds extreme cooling system pressure, and occasionally blows coolant out the cap. I have an 18k mile NPI short block I'll probably put the heads on if I need to. Little bummed, but it was a risk I was planning on taking. Oh well.
Snapchat-1002080488.jpeg
IMG_20190207_174940_791.jpeg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Not much going on, got a pre-painted front bumper off a local guy going with a carbon single piece front end. Picked up another lid to shave, and so I could put my original back on the original intake.

Sad news, I think my block has some issues. I noted some liner protrusion when I pulled my old heads off. Figured I'd slap it together so I had something running for my brothers prom, the summer, and my wedding this fall. However I dont think I'll be able to race it like I was wanting to. It builds extreme cooling system pressure, and occasionally blows coolant out the cap. I have an 18k mile NPI short block I'll probably put the heads on if I need to. Little bummed, but it was a risk I was planning on taking. Oh well. View attachment 1550041View attachment 1550042

Looks good. I powder coated my intake, cam covers, timing cover and coolant crossover in a satin black.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
So, may be set back a little bit... Thinking the trans locked up. But we shall see. Made a hell of a mess on the highway with trans fluid. Scary thing is the slip yoke is still in the trans. Gonna have to get it on a lift to find out.
Snapchat-191906248.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread