9mm target rounds

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Like a dummy I didn’t stock up earlier this year and need to replenish. I usually just shoot herters 9mm from bass pro/cabelas and it does me well. Does anyone know of a good ~115 grain 9mm round that’s in stock and not $1 per round?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Like a dummy I didn’t stock up earlier this year and need to replenish. I usually just shoot herters 9mm from bass pro/cabelas and it does me well. Does anyone know of a good ~115 grain 9mm round that’s in stock and not $1 per round?

Honesty, it’s 9mm... it’s target ammo... aside from if your Firearm can eat the ammo... brass vs steal etc... it really doesn’t matter.

Buy some reloads and enjoy.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately no. Maybe steel case stuff? Keep checking ammo seek.

My suggestion though, keep looking local. Cabalas and maybe other local sporting goods stores. Before I left Michigan, a good local store let me know when there ammo truck would come in. I would have to be at the store at 7am (they open at 9) but I could always score 200-400rnds pre shortage prices. 9mm and 45

I am a bit of a ammo whore though. After 2012 I started stocking up on .22, 9mm, 45 and 556. Bit by bit. I also shoot a lot so I always replaced what I shot.

Good luck man. Its my understanding that ammo suppliers won't be back up to pre shortage levels until Nov 2022..

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh I fully admit this is rookie move for sure. I’ve been keeping eyes open at academy scheels and bass pro. Might try a small town by the lake we go to soon. Just curious if there was something online cause I’m getting impatient.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Follow local gun places on social media. Only way I've gotten anything other than cheapo online tulammo is by seeing a 9:50am post about a place with 100 boxes of 9mm and opens at 10am first come first serve max 2 boxes per person. At this point if you can find ammo and it shoots, buy it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Just picked up a box of aguila and a box of blazer for 50 cents a round at Turners but i think theyre only in CA. Two box person limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Glad I stockpiled a long time ago. I can't imagine paying .50-1.00 per round for 9mm target ammo, shit is nuts. Ive got thousands of rounds at about .15 a round.

And if you think its bad now, wait until after the election if biden gets in. That's how he's going to attack the 2A. Not by grabbing guns, but controlling ammo and making it super expensive.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Those who stock up on ammo, do you have to do anything special to keep them from going bad? I am a rookie and just getting into the game.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Those who stock up on ammo, do you have to do anything special to keep them from going bad? I am a rookie and just getting into the game.

Store ammo in a dry and cool place. A few enthusiasts vacuum storage them.

Purchased some newly manufactured .303 Savage. They're good for 30-50 years.

blownfox

Established Member
What part of KS? I'm in Wichita. The range near my house normally has a ton of ammo for sale. Members can get 50 rounds (one box) of 9mm 115gr for $16-17 (no box limit) and non-member paid $24-25 (limited to two boxes). If local, I'm a member to that range. I normally buy 100 to 150 rounds of 9mm and .223 every other week...but between the wife and I we send most of those freedom package senders down the range.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Wish I would have stocked up before this mess, I have a few hundred of each caliber I own except 22lr, I have thousands of those. I have kinda stopped looking, I do check if I'm near academy or going to the range, and have found some but I'm not over paying. The range had about 20 boxes of federal hst law enforcement 9mm the other day. At $70 a box, I'm not interested lol.

Users who are viewing this thread