996tt vs. GT500

Pointby

Established Member
I know by the title you were thinking this would be a kill story. Sorry guys.

I took delivery of my 13 two days ago. I sold my tuned 996tt to get this car and thought I would give you a VERY brief visual metaphor for the two cars:

996 Turbo / F14
F-1411.jpg

• Incredible speed when turbos(afterburners) kick in
• Incredible handling
• Great interior
• An engineering masterpiece
• Dated Design
• Expensive to fix
• Tom Cruise's Plane of Choice

2013 GT 500 / A10 Thunderbold
fairchild-a10-thunderbolt2-warthog.jpg

• Immensely powerful
• Destroys Tanks
• Great Exhaust
• Agile Multi-Purpose Attack Vehicle
• Easy and cheap to service
• Its everybodies favorite fighter plane
• Its what Chuck Norris would fly

In short, my 911 turbo was fast and handled amazing. Probably just as fast, if not a bit faster than the GT500, WHEN IT WAS UNDER BOOST. All wheel drive and adjustable coilorver suspension made it very confidence inspiring. When new the car was $130k so its interior, 10 years later is still nicer.

However, The Mustang is more fun to drive. The Exhaust is intoxicating. Much better than the broken sewing machine sound from my turbo. I read somewhere, maybe here, that its like driving around in a big red middle finger. It sounds funny, but its so true. It may be the one car that F*** YOU on the license plate might seem appropriate.

I just love it.:pepper:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
A10 Thunderbolt, not bold. And I would've probably picked something along the lines of an F4 Phantom for the GT500. The A10 is slow as heck; that's why they use(d) it for tank hunting.

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
Agreed, F4 and the F14 tomcat are good choices. Both big and powerful. Many don't realize how big the F4 is.. next to an F16 it dwarfs it. The Cadillac of fighter jets.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Agreed, F4 and the F14 tomcat are good choices. Both big and powerful. Many don't realize how big the F4 is.. next to an F16 it dwarfs it. The Cadillac of fighter jets.

Yep. That's why I recommended the F4. It's big, heavy, fast, maneuverable, and "old school"; not as maneuverable (or big) as the F14, though. Maybe OP should've picked F18 for his 996tt.

An SR71 would be reserved for the cars like the Hennessey Venom GT, Pagani Huayra, Bugatti Veyron 16-4, et. al.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Good descriptions I like it but where's the ****in pics of the new one???

Sparko

Established Member
I know by the title you were thinking this would be a kill story. Sorry guys.

I took delivery of my 13 two days ago. I sold my tuned 996tt to get this car and thought I would give you a VERY brief visual metaphor for the two cars:

996 Turbo / F14
F-1411.jpg

• Incredible speed when turbos(afterburners) kick in
• Incredible handling
• Great interior
• An engineering masterpiece
• Dated Design
• Expensive to fix
• Tom Cruise's Plane of Choice

2013 GT 500 / A10 Thunderbold
fairchild-a10-thunderbolt2-warthog.jpg

• Immensely powerful
• Destroys Tanks
• Great Exhaust
• Agile Multi-Purpose Attack Vehicle
• Easy and cheap to service
• Its everybodies favorite fighter plane
• Its what Chuck Norris would fly

In short, my 911 turbo was fast and handled amazing. Probably just as fast, if not a bit faster than the GT500, WHEN IT WAS UNDER BOOST. All wheel drive and adjustable coilorver suspension made it very confidence inspiring. When new the car was $130k so its interior, 10 years later is still nicer.

However, The Mustang is more fun to drive. The Exhaust is intoxicating. Much better than the broken sewing machine sound from my turbo. I read somewhere, maybe here, that its like driving around in a big red middle finger. It sounds funny, but its so true. It may be the one car that F*** YOU on the license plate might seem appropriate.

I just love it.:pepper:

I agree with your analysis. I too have a 996 TT ( modified to about 550 hp ) and think it is faster than the GT500...but the TT is like driving a speed appliance whereas the GT500 is raw brute in your face power. Love them both but for different reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread