99 Trans Am vs 07 GT vs 04 Mach 1

Damon03Termi

Established Member
A few friends and I were hanging out at the local dairy queen. First night of the year weve had nice weather so we all had our cars out. My friend picked up a 99 Trans Am 6 speed last weekend, while another one of my friends recently got a 5 speed 2007 Mustang gt. We were all joking around trash talking and my friends recommending going out to race the cars to see how theyd do against each other.
First my friends with the Trans Am and the 07 wanted to race
Trans Am mods are: short shifter, full exhaust, sticky tires, ls7 cam, intake.
Mustangs mods are: flowmaster axle back only
They line up for a dig race. Both just swapped from auto cars before these.
I flag the race for them. I signal the start and they take off squealing tires. The Trans Am goes for 2nd aaand nothing. 2nds gone. Needless to say he was mad about losing to a stock 3v because of that. Especially a week after he got it.
So my gf encourages the 3v to race me next.
Im in my 04 Mach 1.
Mach mods are: Full exhaust, intake, 4:10s, cams, tuned. Plus im on shitty Sumitomo tires that spin like crazy. I have my gf in the car. he has no passengers.
We line up side by side and no one will flag the race. So I have to honk it off for us.
1, 2, 3 and go. He gets the jump on me while Im spinning, I hit 2nd and keep spinning. Finally hit 3rd and Im reeling him in fast. Fly by him like hes standing still, I ream out 4th and make it clear he didnt stand a chance lol
We get slowed down and start to turn around as we see our friends coming up fast. They tell us cops were down the road and coming fast. So we didnt stick around to get more races in. I really wanted to run my friends ls1 to see how I stood up. I smoked his bolt on auto lt1 when I was minor bolt on.
All and all it was a great night. Next time Ill be on my drag setup and ready to run.

Damon03Termi

Established Member
Damon, what does your Mach run at the track? Also, what cams are you running?

It hasnt been to the track yet, plan on going this year with it. Only track anywhere near me is an 1/8th.
It has Comp Cams 106100s.

Users who are viewing this thread