99 cobra fuel injector harness question

hsk2002

Just bought a 99 cobra and found out all of the clips for the injector harness are broken. every last one.

1. Any way to hold these in place with broken clips? (zip ties maybe for time being)
2. Can just the clips be replaced by obtaining them and soldering them in? OR
3. Should the entire harness be replaced?

What all harnesses will work or does it need to be 4v specific?

Thanks in advance.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Just bought a 99 cobra and found out all of the clips for the injector harness are broken. every last one.

1. Any way to hold these in place with broken clips? (zip ties maybe for time being)
2. Can just the clips be replaced by obtaining them and soldering them in? OR
3. Should the entire harness be replaced?

What all harnesses will work or does it need to be 4v specific?

Thanks in advance.

LOL mine are to,it's common . When I 1st bought the car it was running on 7 cylinders and sure enough it was a loose injector clip. I personally use small zip ties , holds the injectors on tighter the clips.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
eventually I'm going to get these pigtails. But can't justify it yet since the zip ties were basically free and do a good job.

EV6connector2.jpg

hsk2002

eventually I'm going to get these pigtails. But can't justify it yet since the zip ties were basically free and do a good job.

EV6connector2.jpg

Thanks for the response! Do you have a part no on those pigtails? How much are they?...... I'll probably just zip tie them

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
zip tie those buggers, will have a more secure connection than the clip that broke can provide. Not worth soldering in all those connections and bulking up the wiring harness.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I broke like 5 of mine doing my eaton swap... I used small zip ties thorough the whole left by the broken clip too.

95SC

Banned
or u can pull wires out of your old connectors and put them in new connectors , no soldering required . I can sell you a set of 8 connectors removed from Ford crate motor for $25 shipped

Users who are viewing this thread