99 cobra computer

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Anyone know a good place to purchase a computer for a 99??? Mine took a sh*t yesterday on the way back from Miami!! Also prices would be a help too!!!:beer:

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
The car started to break up at around 2,200 rpms under a normal load. I got the car back but it was braking up at various rpms and getting worse as I went along. The mechanic said after clearing the computer,(no check engine lights came on) the car would go back to a memory program(like emergency or something). Now this may not be 100% accurate recollection due to alcoholic influences!!! He told me something to that extent.. Right now I'm looking at around $500 for the computer, one new key, reprogramming the new computer, and reprogramming the original and new key..

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
check how secure the crank position sensor is, and make sure the wiring to/from it is ok...mine had the wire rub through and ground out, sounds like what yours might be doing...

NXSVTCOBRA

The car started to break up at around 2,200 rpms under a normal load. I got the car back but it was braking up at various rpms and getting worse as I went along. The mechanic said after clearing the computer,(no check engine lights came on) the car would go back to a memory program(like emergency or something). Now this may not be 100% accurate recollection due to alcoholic influences!!! He told me something to that extent.. Right now I'm looking at around $500 for the computer, one new key, reprogramming the new computer, and reprogramming the original and new key..

Tell your family friend keep looking. Doubt it is the computer, at any rate, check the sticky and call Steve, sux no returns on electrical parts.

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
maybe a shot in the dark... but when was the last time you had a tune up and how many miles you have on it now?

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
117,000 miles and I don,t even remember when the plugs were changed. I originally thought a coil pack or two went but I figured wen the go they go. The car is looked up in the mechanic's bay so I can't do anything until Monday.

01 Venom

Established Member
my car is doing the same thing right now, I have a new MAF on the way If you have a handheld tuner see if you can get a data log on it. My data log shows some wacky stuff all could point to the MAF

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
117,000 miles and I don,t even remember when the plugs were changed. I originally thought a coil pack or two went but I figured wen the go they go. The car is looked up in the mechanic's bay so I can't do anything until Monday.

I would change your plugs just for shits and giggles. A LOT cheaper than buying a COP or ECU

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
jlt cai, bassani o/r/x, amercan thunder flomaster, eibach, motorsport short throw, diablo chip, spec stage 1.

Users who are viewing this thread