99 Cobra Boosting

PotatoC570

Established Member
I have a 99 with a fresh rebuilt. I have 03 heads installed. Forged Crank, Forged Rods, and Cast Aluminium pistons in. The pistons are slightly dished nothing crazy, but I have a full 03 terminator gasket kit in. I snapped a timing chain and either I got lucky or I have enough clearance that when I snapped a timing chain, my valves were good to go. I have about 1000 miles on the motor since then and everything looks good to go. I want to put some boost on the motor. I am looking at a nice 10psi or so. Would it be easier to get a terminator lower manifold and get a whipple or something, or should I just go with a centrifugal supercharger? I do not want a turbo set up because of the exhaust plumbing.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Man, I would suggest going with a centri and keeping the boost around 8-10, especially with cast pistons. It's going to require more than just an 03 lower intake for a roots blower. You'll need the heat exchanger, pulley setup, basically the full termi swap. Then you have the cost of the Whipple on top of that. You might just consider looking for the termi swap setups and stick with the Easton for a while. Then upgrade the blower later.

Just my $.02, and there are probably others with much more experience to weigh in. I just wouldn't throw too much boost at those pistons, and I don't see the justification to track down all the swap parts for a roots, only to buy the blower too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PotatoC570

Established Member
I was not planning to run too much boost through. That is why I saved the money and went with cast because I am not looking to go and get 600hp out of it. I have fun with it being N/A. I gaped the rings just a hair bigger for boost in the future. But, I would be happy with high 400hp maybe lower 500hp. What I lost in compression I got back with the termi heads anyways.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Go with a centri set up. A Whipple isn't just a matter of slapping on an 03/04 lower. There's a lot of little parts that go into an Eaton swap.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread