99/01 Taillights in an 03/04

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Yeah, I know, kind of a "why did you do that" kind of mod. But I think it makes a FANTASTIC difference. Ford should have done it this way to begin with.

The housings themselves just bolt right in, but the wiring takes a bit of fandangling. There are plenty of writeups all over the web but if you get stuck let me know and I can walk you through it.

IMG_1000.jpg

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Yes, I know the car is filthy. It's pollen season and it just rained, plus I've driven it in the country after dark lately...you should see all the dead bugs on the front end. :coolman:

rockX219

Established Member
Looks good...except for all the dirt. I was thinking about getting them too. Where did you end up getting them and for how much?

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I found mine on eBay for $120. They came with a couple other parts I didn't need and I felt they were worth $20 so I might have gotten them for $100. That was without the harness, which I bought from a fellow on here for $40. The correct harness makes things MUCH easier, but the stocker can be re-wired to accomodate.

If you find a wrecked 99/01 in the junkyard, get both lights, their harnesses, and the flasher...if you can't get the flasher just ask for a blue flasher out of a Aerostar/Windstar or similar (different impedance for one bulb vs. two, it will flash too quickly with the old flasher). Good luck, these taillights are getting kind of scarce.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Oh also...stangparts.com has a pair, new, with harnesses, for $250 if you just want to get them and be done with it. They look fantastic.

Fanged03

Established Member
Whats so much different other than the amber part?? To be honest, I'd much rather have the all red with no amber. All that matters is that you like it though.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread