'99/'01 Cobra Tail Lights installed

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
I've got mine sitting on the bench. Can't wait to install them in the Sonic. Thanks for the picture. Its new motivation.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Not going to lie, that looks rather amazing

I'm just whoring now, but ^^^ your car would look sooooo sick with a set of these...

ybapy7eg.jpg

3u8ujyqu.jpg

5y7a3uta.jpg

I got mine for $335 shipped, including harnesses. Look on ebay, the marketplace and corral. Sets pop up pretty regularly.

Drew

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I'm just whoring now, but ^^^ your car would look sooooo sick with a set of these...

I got mine for $335 shipped, including harnesses. Look on ebay, the marketplace and corral. Sets pop up pretty regularly.

Drew

Believe me i would love to. I just cant justify the price right now. Ill have to keep my eyes peeled would be a nice exterior addition to my car.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Believe me i would love to. I just cant justify the price right now. Ill have to keep my eyes peeled would be a nice exterior addition to my car.

Just keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, I somehow scored a set on there for 140$ shipped to the door! The auction was getting ready to end and the bidding was up to 130$ with just a couple minutes left and I said what the hell and just threw a bid out there and ended up with them...lol

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
The rear stuff of the car is finished but I am having a bitch of a time un-pinning that wire under the dash. What is the trick to it. I do not want to cut anything in such a tight area that would be a nightmare to return to stock if nesissary. Is there another location to cut or intercept this wire?

Without the wire cut and new flasher is it normal all the lights come on?

va boy

Established Member
The brake interrupt wire that needs to be cut is a lot easier to find if you remove the drivers kick panel... there are three harness plugs behind it... The center one with a black male and grey female end is the one you want.. The other two are all black. Disconnect the plug and find pin 12... It's labeled on the back of the plug. Solid green wire. cut and tape out of the way...

Also another flasher part # if you don't feel like paying ford prices for a generic relay... EP-27 from damn near any auto parts store.

I found this entry to be very helpful with my install, credit for this useful info goes to "garbonzo1991gt"' as he originally posted this, i am just adding a couple of pictures. It really made this portion a lot easier for me. It's MUCH easier to get to versus the one under the dash. Plus if you ever need to reconnect this green wire for whatever reason, it will be much easier from this location.

Here is a couple of pictures that show what he is talking about. I opted to use a couple of dead end caps to cap off the ends of the green wire that I cut.
Here is a picture of the plugs you will find behind the drivers kick panel, use the middle one which is grey. Only 2 can be seen in this picture, but 3 are behind there. The 3rd one is hidden behind that black cable in this picture.
IMG_1556.jpg

As he already stated, it will be clearly marked with the #12, cut that green wire and secure both cut ends with whatever method you choose.
You can see in this picture where I disconnected one end of the plug so I could easily work with it and capped off both cut ends of the said green wire.
IMG_6933.jpg

Anyway, just adding on to what was already said on page 2. This bit of info helped me out a lot, as it is super tight underneath the dash trying to get to, and cut the same green wire standing on your head!

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
To anyone wondering what these look like tinted... I love them!!!
re9azesy.jpg
The sun kinda messes up the picture but the ambers and reverse were taped off and are original, it looks awsome in person.

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
They look great on all New Edge Cobras, especially on dark colors. Nice job. I want your bumper inserts. :)

Last edited:

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
I kept my amber housings and had a custom harness made for my 01 with LED bulbs and sequential flasher and unhooked the bulb in the amber so I get the three red bulb sequence(I show both at the same time so you can see the difference)....sorry, but the vid is kinda fuzzy; and doesn't do it justice 2001 cobra sequential tail lights best video - YouTube .......still looks stock but just has LED bulbs until you click the turn signal.....I know Ill be flamed into next year but I also did a honeycomb overlay on them just for fun(not shown in this vid)....I may remove it later, but I get alot of positive feedback from everyone chasing me down on the street to see the setup... I def have the first of this sequential setup in the world.....was expensive, but worth it.....

NoSloCoupe

Established Member
Curious as to why you are cutting the green wire....can it not be unpinned from the connector and save a bunch of hassle in the future?? I'm thinking doing this but like the sequential look and see they can't be used with these lights.

Guess i'll do some looking but what exactly is the turn signal on these, the amber only? No red? Is that the reason sequential can't be used?

Users who are viewing this thread