99-00 lightning recalls?

justaf150

Established Member
ok im new to the lightning and just herd about the 99-00 lightnings having a IC recall. is there a way to tell if its been done ? im the 2nd owner of my truck if i car fax it will it show up ? and if it hasnt been done can i take it to my local dealer and have em do it ? thanks guys!

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Give your VIN# to the service department of a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealer and they can tell if it was done or not by looking up your VIN# in their system. I'm fairly positive this will not show up on a carfax report.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The recall for the intercooler really isn't a recall. It is considered a program since there were so few of our truck made. You can PM me your vin number or just post it and I can run the Oasis Report to see if it was done or not. It will not show up on a carfax report.

If the intercooler was not changed under the program then there is nothing that you can do under warranty. The coverage time lapsed in early 2002. Ford will do nothing for you but sell you a new intercooler kit.

boosted635

Established Member
Also, it may be possible that it was done by the owner later and will not show up on a report.
Might be a good idea to pull the S/C and clean the I/C, then count the rows while it is apart.
It is good maintanence and you will know for sure what you have.

gucci

00BlkLght
Established Member
mine was leaking and i just changed to a 2003 lower and intercooler. they stoped doin the replacement in 2003 i tried it would cost 1400 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread