98SaleenCobra build thread..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Soon man it should be ready for the dyno in a few weeks according to Drew, but I think it'll be sooner.. ;)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
First oil change is done and everything is looking great so far!! Here's a quick cell phone pic snapped today for me :D She's lookin sexy as can be.

Car2.gif

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea man the amount of money we pour into these cars is sickening when you stop and think about it lol.

03bluemach

Established Member
Hmm i was always told not to run this pump because it would flow to much and not give the water a chance to cool .. But i never had a chance to try it out , Let me know it performs man ...

An yea what you said lol buy a house .. i stopped keeping count cause i was starting to feel depressed lolz

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm not to worried about the pump. My installer has a 50gph pump on his Saleen iirc. Plus I plan on going with a C&R heat excharger here shortly and it's one big SOB, so this should help out a lot. This is a 20 or 30 gph pump so hopefully it won't be to much.. My installer recommened it since he has one on his car. I'll let you know for sure though :D

96S/Cobra

Established Member
As has already been mentioned, but your car, the complete build, the details, ect. are just amazing. Awesome ride and nicely done! I've been following along to see your progress, and am excited about hearing some final numbers once they are in. :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks bro!! I can't wait either.. Hopefully I'll have something by next week. That's the plan for me atleast.. It would be nice for other people to see what the combo makes though. As soon as I know I'll update this thread and post a new one so people can see. ;)

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Awesome man, next week is gonna be a great one for ya from the sounds of it. Hopefully mine will be all buttoned up by then too

SVTPete83

Established Member
That pump is nice! I too got rid of the stock vortech aftercooler and heat exchanger. They were the only crappy pieces in the setup. I ended up with an ebay aftercooler and used a stock lightning pump. It worked out pretty good but I never had the original vortech stuff in there to compare with. Hopefully I will be dropping my vorteched Cobra off up there next week or the week after for my new motor. Def good times and I cant wait to see what yours puts down!

Users who are viewing this thread