984v s-tim questions!

the50ho

The Ho
Established Member
What's up fellas. Long time lurker on the site finally posting.

I jsut bought a 98 cobra with 22k on it, and am looking to go the s-trim route. As you can tell by my name, I've been a windsor guy for quite some time, and pretty much know the ins and outs of the non modular setup. I used to be heavy into forced induction, and nitrous, but took a few years away from cars to ride street bikes.

Since then, many new products, or even some products simply improved, have come onto the market. I have always been a big fan of the Vortech s-tim series. With a 5.0, 36#'ers were plenty of fuel for a small based s-trim, yet I see the 4v guys running mostly 42#ers. I also see that there are now s-tim sq, sc, etc....(not sure exactly the models, but you catch my drift I'm sure).

I'm very interested in purchasing a new s-trim for my slowbra, but am interested in knowing basically what kit I should purchase, in your opinion, and what reasons you feel that way. Also, accesories and set up (fuel delivery, fuel management, intake delivery, electronics, etc).

I appologize for such a long post, but am very serious about making my atlantic blue baby come alive like my old fox body did.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, as I've seen most of your posts, and have been more than impressed on your extensive knowledge on subjects such as this one.

-Jack-

the 50 ho :beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Damn Jack already bored with the Cobra??!! Hey man, I highly recommend you look into procharger kits. Nothing wrong with the s-trims but I have seen many procharger put out some awesome numbers on those cobras! Not to mention the fact you get a 2 or 3 core intercooler to run even more boost later on if you choose. I guess you could always get an aftercooler with the vortech. You will definitely want 42 pound squirters, and many people are running the lightning/cobra MAF sensors (90mm) just dont steal mine LOL. I think you should get the breathing mods done first, like headers, x pipe, and maybe even throw some gears on there too. I heard you got the catback already! Shit man I havnt even seen the car yet! I will definitely have to check it out when Im in hoesville ;-) . There is nothing sexier than a DOHC 32 valve motor with a snail lookin thing next to it whistlin away!! :eek: Later man!

the50ho

The Ho
Established Member
brizzle dizzle-- what up man....Bored, eh...kinda just been taken it easy with the baby until I get a claer mind on what I really want from it.

About you not seein it man....WHERE YA BEEN? The eldo block or something? ;-) I was out friday night for the first time since Feburary....it was quite that event to say the least.

I tried nextelling you bro, but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

I've looked into pro chargers since I wrote this and am quite impressed. I always knew pro chargers to make a nice product, but they seem very versital at the same time.

Anyway bro, get ahold of me and we'll meet up man...been too long.

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I hae allways heard of drivablility problems and fuel consumption problems with large injectors. I have the stock vortech setup....fmu and stock #24 injectors. The driveability around town is just like stock. and you keep stock fuel econ unless u step in it alot. with a good tune, this can be a safe setup. But of course the safest is larger injectors.

J's98Snake

Established Member
#42 are very street able, when I was getting ready for my S/C I had #42 in the car running n/a. She ran great and I think she picked up some top end. Only problem, at idle and low rpm you're dumping so much fuel (without a chip tune) that you're washing the oil off the cyl walls (bad) this will cause increased wear on your rings.

Users who are viewing this thread