98 svt contour, new 3.0 and goodies, Dallas...

Slomaro

Established Member
Hi all. I have a '98 contour svt that I'd like to sell for $6850. It's silver frost metallic and has 76k miles on the body and chassis.
The car has a new (less than 10k) 3.0 shortblock, wilwood brake kit, new Eibach hubcentric wheel spacers, new front sway bar endlinks, new starter, new tires, new rotors, new front brake pads, new o2 sensor.
The shortblock had just been installed when I bought the car in July, but I've done everything else since then. It already had the wilwood brakes from the original owner. He also added a kkm intake, resurfaced flywheel and new clutch. The interior is in great shape (dark blue leather).

The bad:
The car has a check engine light with a code that basically means the bank 2 pre catalytic converter needs to be replaced. If the car doesn't sell I'll take this opportunity to replace this part of the exhaust with headers. (MSDS grassroots sale, $200 headers +mil eliminator.)
The factory ford CD player skips sometimes.
The driver's side rear door speaker rattles.
The paint is in very good shape, but there is a touch of surface rust (I bought the car in new york from the original owner). I had some touch up work done to this area and the bottoms of the front doors (not really rust, but needed it) and had the ground effects repainted.
There are two small dents on the hood where the original owner parked under a walnut tree.
I think the rear sway bar endlinks need to be replaced.

That sounds like a lot, but I want to be honest about everything. It really isn't much compared to everything that's already been done to the car. I know everyone says this, but the car really does haul tail. I haven't taken it to the track or anything, but I played around with a newer M3 and a Mustang GT (1999-'04 style), and the tour hung right in there, much to their surprise.
you can see pics from the original owner from his ebay ad by doing an ebay
search on item 4550585313. There is alot of additional info on the car there.
BTW I paid $6500 for the car, so I'm definitely not looking to make money on the car (with the 2 grand or so I've spent on it, I'd say I'm going the opposite way, but I really would like to buy an 03/04 cobra or ls1 car.)
The car is in Mesquite, TX (Dallas, basically)
I'll also throw in an extra set of wheels and snow tires.
Thank you,
BJ
[email protected]

Pics avail on request.

mdub95

Established Member
ford has a warranty for exhaust that is 8 yrs 80,000 miles. i had the same code when i replaced my bank 2 cat and manifold at work under warranty and i got paid for it.

Slomaro

Established Member
Sadly, I checked on the 8/80 warranty. My car is out by 6 months. It really sucks because I really didn't intend to do anything else in the power department, but any excuse to install some "while I'm at it" headers is o.k. too.
BJ

Users who are viewing this thread