98 Cobra with full 03/04 Terminator swap

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to back out. Sorry for any inconvenience. Car just doesn't make a lot of sense as a dd for a grad student.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to back out. Sorry for any inconvenience. Car just doesn't make a lot of sense as a dd for a grad student.

LOL no problem sir. I've gotten use to all the tirekickers and dreamers. Seems to come with the territory of selling hot rods these days.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
I hade the same setup but 560rwhp and I couldn't sell it for 10k. I think because you won't get a bank to finance it and the market sucks. Someone has to get a signature or a special loan probably. Im tempted but wife would kill me but I love this Lightning. Man but someone will be a happy person when they buy it

Sent from your Lubrizolsfin3st
iPhone using Tapatalk

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I hade the same setup but 560rwhp and I couldn't sell it for 10k. I think because you won't get a bank to finance it and the market sucks. Someone has to get a signature or a special loan probably. Im tempted but wife would kill me but I love this Lightning. Man but someone will be a happy person when they buy it

iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's going to take the right buyer, or someone with the right trade, or trade with cash. Just takes time and patience which is fine with me. I could have traded it off long ago if I wanted to "settle" on just anything.

I really need a truck or something of the same value I can trade in for a truck. :)

You could trade me your Lightning. :thumbsup:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
its a sweet car. and i woulda love to have it but having to hook the A/c up. then hook up the gauges.. GLWS tho

I will be finishing the car in the next couple of weeks, I just need to make time to do it. The AC and gauges will be working in time, but until the car is for sale at the discounted price of $12k.

Side note - What is with all of these people afraid to work on a car these days? It seems alot of "car guys" these days seem to be a bunch of candy ass sissies afraid to lift a hood and get their hands a little dirty. I'm mean it's not like it's anything serious, a $2 dollar pigtail and a gauge install. lol

This hobby has really changed and so have the people in it. Years ago hot rods didn't have AC, power steering, power brakes. Men were men, drove men type cars. Now everyone wants a perfect luxury car for cheap. It's so annoying. I hope this car doesn't go to one of those candy ass, sissy type guys. That would be a damn shame. Haha.

Nate_V8

Established Member
Isn't that the truth though. I've had a nightmare trying to sell my 1985 GT and you can't build the same car for 20k or let alone find a 85 GT as clean (at least up here in ontario) without any rust and I'm selling it for 10k, You could remove every part and sell it and still come out 2-3k ahead. All it needs is a tach wire hooked up and the power valve changed in the carb! Still drives, just bad on gas lol. Literally 1-3 hours of work depending on skill. People just want to hop in a go with no issues.

Bump for a clean car!

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
Confirmation of what? The Carfax is clean, I'm confused. :??:

Clean from a damage history standpoint absolutely appears to be the case for sure. However the history posted by KW and the one I ran using the same service differ in two area's. That was my first concern. My second was that KW posted the history and not you. Third was the ownership history raised a flag for me based on KW's posting and the ommissions from the history. I also wondered why the last two claimed owners didnt do the simple steps to complete it.

Add in the long time its been for sale, the fact that you used KW's original ad to restart the sale in March before creating your own months later and well it all seems odd. Too many flags and too much distance for me to clear all my concerns...

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Clean from a damage history standpoint absolutely appears to be the case for sure. However the history posted by KW and the one I ran using the same service differ in two area's. That was my first concern. My second was that KW posted the history and not you. Third was the ownership history raised a flag for me based on KW's posting and the ommissions from the history. I also wondered why the last two claimed owners didnt do the simple steps to complete it.

Add in the long time its been for sale, the fact that you used KW's original ad to restart the sale in March before creating your own months later and well it all seems odd. Too many flags and too much distance for me to clear all my concerns...

KW had access to a Carfax account that now costs money, he offered it up for me. You're reading too much into that.

I'm the third owner. KW didn't finish the project because of money issues. I haven't got to them YET because I get one day a week for car stuff and I replaced alot of other stuff, got the car tuned and all that before getting to the AC/gauges. So what? It's not a big deal.

A project can take a long time when you have such limited time available for it. I'm planning on getting the AC and gauges taken care of when time allows. Until then, the car is available at a discounted price for someone not afraid of getting their own hands dirty and finishing the project.

I do not appreciate your rude post interfering with the sale of my car which directly effects me and my family financially. You could have passed over the thread knowing full well where the car was located before ever posting rather than being rude with your post.

There is nothing wrong with selling a car as an unfinished project car. Not everyone online is looking to screw someone. :cuss:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member

You're an idiot. Go troll somewhere else.

I copied it straight from carfax. I'll even throw in an autocheck too if someone wants it. It's been for sale for a while because it's a swap car and because of the economy as is every car out there having a long time to sale. The car is badass and only needs a couple things to be a really badass daily driver.

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
KW had access to a Carfax account that now costs money, he offered it up for me. You're reading too much into that.

I'm the third owner. KW didn't finish the project because of money issues. I haven't got to them YET because I get one day a week for car stuff and I replaced alot of other stuff, got the car tuned and all that before getting to the AC/gauges. So what? It's not a big deal.

A project can take a long time when you have such limited time available for it. I'm planning on getting the AC and gauges taken care of when time allows. Until then, the car is available at a discounted price for someone not afraid of getting their own hands dirty and finishing the project.

I do not appreciate your rude post interfering with the sale of my car which directly effects me and my family financially. You could have passed over the thread knowing full well where the car was located before ever posting rather than being rude with your post.

There is nothing wrong with selling a car as an unfinished project car. Not everyone online is looking to screw someone. :cuss:

You asked a question I answered... My choice to not purchase is mines alone. Anyone is free to make their own decisions and do their own research. That's not rude, that's not messing with your family or anything else. Good luck with your sale

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
i know your a busy guy and all, but when the ac is fixed and gauges etc i see this thing selling fast. people just seem touchy when it comes to high priced projects that need "work" though your car is sick!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
i know your a busy guy and all, but when the ac is fixed and gauges etc i see this thing selling fast. people just seem touchy when it comes to high priced projects that need "work" though your car is sick!

Yeah, there isn't much I can do about that until I have a day off that I can use for car stuff rather than family stuff. I'll get it done when I can. :)

t01lightning

Established Member
Sold my built 98 with 04 cobra motor etc for 9k, this economy is so bad you will not sell for over 10, take a loss as each day it gets worse.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Sold my built 98 with 04 cobra motor etc for 9k, this economy is so bad you will not sell for over 10, take a loss as each day it gets worse.

I greatly disagree as I have many people interested in the car for my price. The problem is that it's a 98 and too old to finance for alot of banks. So it will take the right cash buyer who the car appeals to who loves a fun, fast sleeper, or it will take someone with a trade of equal value that I can trade in on a truck.

Just because in your situation you were unable to do it, doesn't mean I can't get what I am asking. But thank you for your unwarranted opinion.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Well people can get financed, it's call a signature loan. Which means a higher interest rate but only have to use liability if they want to. But yes I had alot of so called interested people but u might have to eat this one or just keep and throw a 3.4 whipple on her

iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread