98 Cobra...Good Deal???

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Ok theres this 98 Cobra at a Dealership in my hometown and they want $14,000 obo I will be trading in my car and they are going to give me $9700 I have chance to give them an offer cuz if it doesn't sell by the end of the week they have to send it back to auction and they don't want to do that b/c they would lose money on it . They really want to get rid of this. I know the dealer thats selling the car very well and he could give it to me at their cost which is about $10,400 but their not quite sure yet. So they said make an offer. Its red with black interior has a crack in windshield and scratch on rear quarter panel. Also it has 45,805 miles on it. So what would be a fair offer with the $9700 trade in. Thanks let me know guys this could be the one:burnout:

NastyWS6

Established Member
With a 9700 trade in value, and if they will sell it for cost i would definitely buy it. Above all else, if you want to turn around to sell it again down the road you should easily be able to get your money back out of it.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I wouldn't pay more than 11.5K with the scratch, busted windshield, and auction history. See if you get it for close to cost so they make a little cash, but you get a good deal. Good luck with it if you buy it! My 98 was bought at an auction, and they tried to sell it as a "local trade-in". I didn't buy it, and neither did carfax :) Use it as a little leverage, as the dealer (nor you) really knows the car's history.

mambaman

Established Member
if it helps to gie you an idea of price, i just bought a pristine red '98 with tan interior for $15k with 25,000 miles.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Thanks guys...but I was wondering what would be fair to offer the dealership. Well i'll have to talk with dealer this saturday. Is there anything I should look for?:read:

Users who are viewing this thread