98 Cobra, built motor, T-trim, T-56

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've had this car for a year and done a ton of work to it in that time, but I need something nicer for my 80 miles of daily driving. I bought the car in Florida a year ago with 45k miles on it. It was built to the hilt with all kinds of crazy parts, but a few things just to happened to go bad, namely the engine and fuel system.

This car has been completely overhauled from the ground up and damn near everything is aftermarket. Jason (TRBO VNM) put in the fuel system and installed the new motor so everything has been done right. I've checked over pretty much every single thing since the motor install and all the teething issues should be worked out completely. I've only put 7k miles on the car in the past year and it's probably been on the road 4 out of 12 months that I've had it. The whole fuel system is new and the entire longblock is new, so you are pretty much buying a new car.

I'm asking $15000 as of right now, which is a bargain compared to what this cost to build up. I bought it with lots of parts on it already, but I paid a premium as well as putting close to $10k into the car myself. I'm completely open to offers, but can't work with you too much below this price.

Here is everything I can remember about the car right now. I've added a few pictures at the bottom. I'll take some better ones as soon I can get the car cleaned up. It's been sitting under the cover and a foot of snow for the last few weeks. :nonono:

1998 Cobra, Laser Red, 52k miles

Engine
-L&M Engines built longblock with less than 1000 miles (old engine blew up due to internal issues, new engine built with all brand new parts except for buying a used block and heads from another car)
-Jon Lund break-in tune, will be tuned before sold (made 570whp on the old engine setup)
-Teksid block
-Livernois Motorsports forged 298ci stroker rotating assembly, all rings and bearings custom filed at L&M (New - Livernois Motorsports - 4.6L 4-Valve 298ci Stroker Rotating Assembly)
-B heads from another 98 Cobra
-FR500 cams and valvetrain kit
-completely new Ford timing kit
-ARP head studs and main studs
-8 rib pulley setup
-Innovators West 10% overdrive crank pulley
-Intake manifold has been ported and runners smoothed
-Black powdercoated valve covers

Forced Induction
-Vortech V1 T-trim supercharger w/ 3.1 pulley
-Custom boost pipe before blower
-Custom intercooler piping with 31x10x7" front mount intercooler
-blow through MAF after intercooler
-brand new Tial blow-off valve, vented to atmosphere (very loud, if too loud, I still have the Vortech Mondo bypass valve that can be routed back to the intake pipe to quiet it down)
-AIS (Alkycontrol) meth injection system is plumbed and wired, just needs a nozzle to be installed in the intercooler piping
-Exhaust: '03 Mach 1 stock manifolds, Bassani 5 piece o/r X, Bassani catback

Fuel System
-03 Cobra gas tank
-FORE fuel tank hat w/dual Walbro 255lph pumps (wired straight from the battery with heavy gauge wire, seperate relay for each pump, pumps on with accessories)
-AN fuel lines (-8 feed, -6 return)
-stock fuel rails
-60lb injectors

Drivetrain
-T56 from 03 Cobra w/MGW shifter and 26 spline input shaft
-RPS stage 2 clutch with stock steel flywheel
-firewall adjuster and quadrant
-Aluminum driveshaft w/safety loop
-4.10 gears
-Auburn Pro differential
-31 spline axles
-BBS RK wheels (18x8.5" F, 18x10" R)
-Nitto NT555 front tires, 245/40/18
-Kumho XS rear tires, 315/30/18

Front Suspension
-Griggs K-member
-Griggs A-arms
-Griggs coilovers w/350# springs
-Tokico Illumina shocks
-Griggs C/C plates
-Aluminum rack bushings
-Griggs Motor mounts
-Steeda basic subframe connectors
-Strut tower brace, paint matched (not installed at the moment)

Rear Suspension
-Steeda upper and lower control arms w/poly bushings
-95 Cobra R springs
-Tokico Illumina

Exterior/Interior
-Paint is in great condition minus tiny marks here or there and some normal rock chips on the front. This car was a show car/sunday driver for its first 45k miles. I'll probably get it detailed before I sell it because it sat for quite a while
-spoiler delete from the factory
-light window tint, probably 50%
-FR500 steering wheel
-Saleen Recaro seats front and rear, I think they have around 25k miles on them, passenger seat and rear seat look damn near new
-dual pillar pod with A/F gauge and fuel pressure (autometer phantom)
-steering column pod with boost gauge
-10th anniv shift boot and MGW composite shift knob

Here are a few pics, I never really took that many.

4-28-09018.jpg

tapeside.jpg

JLPpic.jpg

4-28-09021.jpg

IMG00087-20090424-1912.jpg

IMG00086-20090424-1912.jpg

IMG00006-20090802-1824.jpg

new longblock, FR500 cams
newlongblock.jpg

newFR500cams.jpg

Fore fuel hat
forehat.jpg

New engine in the car

15432_838851008748_5719488_47293975_3538432_n.jpg

Interior, sorry for the bad pics
IMG00040-20091010-1604.jpg

IMG00041-20091010-1605.jpg

IMG00042-20091010-1605.jpg

IMG00043-20091010-1606.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
beautiful car man..any interior pics?

Thanks. I do have some, just have to find where I put them. The interior is flawless. When I bought the car I couldn't believe how clean the interior was for the age. The Recaro seats look awesome and are so comfortable. I'd compare them to the '03 Cobra seats, but all leather. They have lumbar support as well.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Saw this thing at Dyno Day at JLP last year and OC. This car is tits! Definitely worth the money. If I had the cash I'd snag it up. Good luck with the sale man.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thanks man, with the new bov and exhaust, the car is a beast compared to back then. Im really anxious to get it tuned and see the new numbers also.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It is Ralph's old car, I don't think it had a KB on it at all though. I have pretty much all of Ralph and Tim's receipts for all their mods and never saw one for a KB. I believe there was an S-trim on at some point, then he upgraded to a T-trim.

I think most of the history of the car is kinda null and void though because this is a brand new motor that I just had built.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dyno has to wait until I get it tuned. I can post the dyno of the old motor making 570whp and 474 lb-ft of torque. Got it dynoed at JLP and he was amazed at how hard it was pulling when he let off at 6500rpm. The horsepower curve never stopped going up all the way to redline.

I'll get pics of the engine, interior, etc as soon as possible.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Bump for new pics! Make me an offer! I drove the car around today and damn it is fast. Drives completely like stock until you nail it, then all hell breaks loose, literally.

Last edited:

Deathproof

Established Member
Probably one of the nicest SN95 builds I've seen, aside from some of the high end turbo builds.

I ****ing love this car sooo much, if I hadn't bought my built/viper blue 94 cobra last fall I'd be all over this.

Any chance of a trade plus cash?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
nice car...i love the interior...it's a bitch to get a loan on an older car though. GLWS!!

Thanks, I feel that's a huge plus with this car. The SN95 seats suck but these Recaros are about as good as you can get for 'factory' seats.

For the loan, as long as you have a little cash it's probably fine. I got a loan from my credit union on this car for a few grand more than it's actual blue book value when I originally bought it.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Back to the first page.

Make me an offer, I'm looking to get into a BMW asap.

Users who are viewing this thread