98 Cobra build....8 years in the making

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Going 4.6 DOHC again, using the same Aluminator block, they had to bore it .020 over. Freshly built B heads, stock cams. Should be somewhere in the 9.5 CR range. Stock crank, MMR and APR for most of the rest.
67mm Precision Turbo in a custom low mount kit.
Hoping for a reliable 550rwhp when it's all said and done. I'm still on a stock (rebuilt) t45, don't want to push my luck. I can always turnt it up down the road, after a T56/auto install(?)

I picked up some Dynomax turbo mufflers (they came highly recommended by the turbo crowd) and LMR tailpipes. According to MMs site, the LMR tailpipes should clear the PHB.

It's listed under "features"
Panhard Bar, 1979-98 Mustang

I don't understand why those would be recommended. If you wanted the Dynomax brand, the Ultra Flo or Race Bullet would be a better option, as they are a straight through design.

>
list_header_ufw.png
list_img_ufw.png

• Stainless steel construction for lifelong protection
  • 100-percent Welded design for maximum durability
  • Dyno proven to flow up to 2,000 SCFM and support up to 2,000 horsepower
  • Straight-through design ensures unrestricted exhaust flow and reduces back pressure
  • CRF Technology absorbs unwanted interior resonance while maintaining a deep performance tone

list_header_ufwx.png
list_img_ufwx.png

• Designed for vehicles with limited space
  • Straight-through design ensures unrestricted exhaust flow and reduces back pressure
  • CRF Technology absorbs unwanted interior resonance while maintaining a deep performance tone

list_header_ufwr.png
list_img_ufwr.png

list_header_ufwssp.png
list_img_ufwssp.png

• Polished finish for a show-quality shine
  • Dyno proven to flow up to 2,000 SCFM and support up to 1,900 horsepower

list_header_st.png
list_img_st.png

• Large internal flow tubes improve exhaust flow and reduce backpressure
  • Dyno proven to flow up to 700 SCFM
  • Exclusive patented flow director design channels exhaust flow and eliminates turbulence
  • Fiberglass matting technology to absorb unwanted interior resonance while maintaining a mellow performance tone

list_header_rsb.png
list_img_rsb.png

• Light weight compact design
  • 100-percent welded construction for maximum durability
  • CRF Technology which helps provide up to a 4 dbA sound reduction, on most race applications, while maintaining a deep race tone

list_header_rsmb.png
list_img_rsmb.png

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't understand why those would be recommended. If you wanted the Dynomax brand, the Ultra Flo or Race Bullet would be a better option, as they are a straight through design.

>
View attachment 1564562
View attachment 1564563

View attachment 1564564
View attachment 1564565

View attachment 1564566
View attachment 1564567

View attachment 1564568
View attachment 1564569
  • Polished finish for a show-quality shine
  • Dyno proven to flow up to 2,000 SCFM and support up to 1,900 horsepower

View attachment 1564570
View attachment 1564571
  • Large internal flow tubes improve exhaust flow and reduce backpressure
  • Dyno proven to flow up to 700 SCFM
  • Exclusive patented flow director design channels exhaust flow and eliminates turbulence
  • Fiberglass matting technology to absorb unwanted interior resonance while maintaining a mellow performance tone

View attachment 1564572
View attachment 1564573
  • CRF Technology which helps provide up to a 4 dbA sound reduction, on most race applications, while maintaining a deep race tone

View attachment 1564574
View attachment 1564575

My mistake, I have the Ultra Flos, my father's old Lincoln LSC had the Turbos.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Thanks guys. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well this time around.
I'm heading down Tuesday to drop off some parts, I'll try and get some pics.
Carlo, Tunedprt..I remember you guys. Stampede and Tabres are still around too. I've seen Ciotti on YouTube, but he seems to be into flying drones now.

Yeah I’m still around. Sold the Cobra a few years ago and I have a fox coupe now I’ve been working on. Nothing special. FB groups have all but killed forums though I prefer the forums better.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah I hear ya. I like it because it’s easier to post pictures and stuff. Anytime I try to post something on here off my phone it says file to large and screw photobucket lol.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Times change but it is sad that forums are not what they once were. It's incredible the level of trolling that occurs on the various social media platforms, between people of all ages on even the most inconsequential topics, especially when you consider people don't even have the anonymity of a screen name to hide behind.

Unpopular, old man sounding opinion... social media is destroying the fabric of society. I wish we could go complete scorched earth on all of those applications.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Went to the shop to drop off some parts and snapped a few pics.

Powder coat is back and most of it is installed on the engine. They also have the MMR head cooling mod and oil pan installed as well.

20190409_104722_zpsihgax1l3.jpg

20190409_104732_HDR_zpsyr6mxmff.jpg

Never thought I'd be so happy to see my car on a lift again.

20190409_105150_zpsmo4hyb6d.jpg

I have a spot of rust on the driver's side frame rail up front. They are gonna fix it while they are in there cleaning everything up.

20190409_105225_HDR_zps2bl4ojct.jpg

The rest looks pretty clean up in the engine bay.

20190409_105216_HDR_zpsm3pqcnmb.jpg

brucesvt

Established Member
Yeah I’m still around. Sold the Cobra a few years ago and I have a fox coupe now I’ve been working on. Nothing special. FB groups have all but killed forums though I prefer the forums better.
Man I loved your white KB cobra. Glad to know you’re still around. I feel super old now lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

crazycarlo

Established Member
Man I loved your white KB cobra. Glad to know you’re still around. I feel super old now lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Well I think you have me confused with another. I had a black cobra with an S-trim and then a Eaton swap. But yes I’m still around. I’ll post more pictures when I start doing more stuff to the fox.

Mr.Sensitivity

Established Member
Got them ole GeForce 2s on her. Man I remember when those debuted and were aaaalllllll the rage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tbone7467

Established Member
Went to the shop to drop off some parts and snapped a few pics.

Powder coat is back and most of it is installed on the engine. They also have the MMR head cooling mod and oil pan installed as well.

View attachment 1565145

View attachment 1565146

Never thought I'd be so happy to see my car on a lift again.

View attachment 1565147

I have a spot of rust on the driver's side frame rail up front. They are gonna fix it while they are in there cleaning everything up.

View attachment 1565148

The rest looks pretty clean up in the engine bay.

View attachment 1565149

whats the powder coat name or number designation? I love the look. did you also do that radiator tube in the front of engine? i mostly see those rusted in cars.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
whats the powder coat name or number designation? I love the look. did you also do that radiator tube in the front of engine? i mostly see those rusted in cars.

I'm not sure of the exact color, my builder had it done after I told him I wanted a satin black.
Yes, the crossover tube was done as well.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
98svt.. Engine looks awesome man. I do approve! ha

I do use the major social media platforms. But most of it is browsing and such. I only post car stuff on IG now. But the last time i posted was 4 months ago? Talking to people on car groups is a damn joke. I cant take it.

The way of the forums is so much better and I wish people would understand that lol

Users who are viewing this thread