97 Cobra fresh off the dyno

Boost or Bust

Established Member
I had my 97 cobra tuned yesterday. Stock bottom end, stock manifold, 2.5 o/r h pipe and dyno max race bullets for " mufflers ". ( welding in actual mufflers today ) Vortech SCI running 8lbs, Treadstone 1045R intercooler, Anderson power pipe. Ford racing 47lbs injectors, BBK 255 intank fp, Sct BA3000 MAF. The car put out 400hp and 359tp. After that run the computer pulled timing due to heat. Thoughts? ( dyno info is being emailed, i will post it when i receive it. )

Cheers!!

Adower

Established Member
I had my 97 cobra tuned yesterday. Stock bottom end, stock manifold, 2.5 o/r h pipe and dyno max race bullets for " mufflers ". ( welding in actual mufflers today ) Vortech SCI running 8lbs, Treadstone 1045R intercooler, Anderson power pipe. Ford racing 47lbs injectors, BBK 255 intank fp, Sct BA3000 MAF. The car put out 400hp and 359tp. After that run the computer pulled timing due to heat. Thoughts? ( dyno info is being emailed, i will post it when i receive it. )

Cheers!!
That sounds pretty close to what it should be. I dynod ~460 to the rear with long tubes, exhaust, CAI, bigger TB, after cooled V1 Strim @ 10 psi.

Boost or Bust

Established Member
The tuner said it has 12 degrees timing. From what I’ve been reading that is fairly conservative. Either way I’m happy with 400hp with the porcelain bottom end. I’m still waiting for the dyno printout.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hp sounds great, tq is on the lower side. Seems like its heat soaking fast. But timing plays a part. What fuel are you runnig? Might be the limiting factor. Power is not bad especially if its on stock heads and bottom end.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The most important thing is that you're happy with the 400whp and your seat of the pants dyno is smiling. That's decent power with your setup. Enjoy the ponies!

Boost or Bust

Established Member
Good ol Canadian 91 octane and i forgot to mention we were having a torrential down pour of rain all day. The tuner said it was heat soaked, the computer was pulling timing and is more like 420-430ph but i seen 400hp on the screen so i believe its 400hp. Thanks for the positive comments. This winter i will buy Kooks 1 5/8 stepped to 1 3/4 to 3inch collector headers, rods and pistons to get 10:1 compression then hit the dyno again in May or so.

Cheers

jman37

Established Member
My '97 with a P1SC on 8psi with similar mods to you made 420/395.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good ol Canadian 91 octane and i forgot to mention we were having a torrential down pour of rain all day. The tuner said it was heat soaked, the computer was pulling timing and is more like 420-430ph but i seen 400hp on the screen so i believe its 400hp. Thanks for the positive comments. This winter i will buy Kooks 1 5/8 stepped to 1 3/4 to 3inch collector headers, rods and pistons to get 10:1 compression then hit the dyno again in May or so.

Cheers
Nice changes you have planned. It will be interesting to see what you get on the dyno next Spring, especially since the conditions were less than ideal at your last session.

40th GT

Established Member
Is 12* of timing typical for this setup? With inlet temps under control I wonder if the engine can take more.

My tuner has mine set at 16* with 11psi on a non-intercooled setup on meth/water. 93 octane. I asked for a few more degrees and he wrote me off. It makes sense why now. o_O:LOL:

DaveWertz

Established Member
I have a S trim, forged bottem end, using a cx cooler and pullied down and still only making 8lbs, my IC stole a good amount of boost but my IAT stayed at ambient which was like 70 that day. I have LT, x pipe no cats SLP dumped at axle. 93 octane and made 451 and only revving to 5700 with 21 or 22 degrees of timing. 42lb injectors and aero 340 in tank pump. Id say your doing pretty good

Sent from my LM-Q620 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Boost or Bust

Established Member
7BB39179-C247-4A83-8AC0-853CCE1C11B3.png
Here is the dyno sheet.

Boost or Bust

Established Member
I stopped at Da Silva racing in Toronto on Saturday. I’m going to run full exhaust, grab a t56 Magnum and call it even. I don’t race the car so I’m going to leave the engine alone. If I can’t live without more power…. I’ll buy another Ducati Panigale. ‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread