96 mustang cobra svt

96stangCobraSVT

390 rwhp
Established Member
Got a 96 cobra with 4780 original miles on it, 3500 were added the last 5 months breaking the car in. Was built as a show car and did just that since it was created. Stopped going to shows in 2005 when we stopped getting respect for the car as well as our.42 Ford but I digress.
V8 32v sb engine with an strim vortech superchather vortech fuel reg, and vortech fuel pump. Last tuned in 2002. I being 22 yrs old don't know what to do with this vehicle at the.moment. I want to track a car but with the condition of this car it belongs back in the shows and taken care of from a proper owner. It's been garaged all its life till a few months ago sinced I moved to orange county CA. I wanted to know from svtp If I should sell the car and for how much or keep the car and attach such mods? Last tuned it had around 390 HP to the wheels, remember that was 2002. The only thing I've done for the car since its sat for the last 6 and a half years was put generic conductor wires on 8.5mm autolite plugs copper core 32000 inch gapped and nitto nt555 245/45/17 all around for rotation purposes. What to do SVTP, what to do.... If I knew how to add photos I would

1989Gt.

Banned
Upload pics to photo bucket I say keep it find some car covers drive it when you can. Don't sell it

96stangCobraSVT

390 rwhp
Established Member
I have a car cover and ill upload photos later today after I wake up and post that I did. The reason for wanting to sell it was it has become my daily driver and I don't use it often. 3500 miles in only 3-5 months isn't a lot but it is with this vehicle. The WRX STI has got my attention, and i know awd is obsolete but that's a car I can drive daily. A car that i can track and beat up on and work on as a project. My cobra is already built and needs really.. nothing more. Except to say a real owner, a collector of sorts. I just don't want to destroy the car. And to be honest I don't know what its worth. It took me sadly several months to find a functioning Ford website that's lively. I "need" to be told what I have in my possession and what to do with it.

mysteed

Established Member
Welcome to the site. If you really want to be more competative in shows IMO you'll need more than a S-trim Vortech kit and plug wires to take home trophies. At the very least start by having the valvecovers and upper intake chromed or powdercoated and put some high end wheels on the car and lower it.

Users who are viewing this thread