96 cobra t45 to t56 conversion crossmember mount issues

1bdsnk96

Established Member
Im in the prosess of doing a t45 to t56 swap but i am stuck at the crossmember mount i was told that the original mount would work when i bought the kit and it didnt can ya'll guys help me please im a little fustrated about this situation cause i aint too sure what to do. I have seen other tech forums about a aje crossmember kit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You move the stock cross-member forward.

Using the mounts on the sub-frame, you unbolt them and use the forward most hole as the mounting point for what was the back bolt, and then drill a new hole for the front bolt.

1bdsnk96

Established Member
I was told its a 03/04 t56 and the mount is a protane mount i had for the original t45 cause i was told it would work??? Should i use a certain transmission mount and if so where can i get a good protane/energy sus. type.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Not sure what you're doing wrong. The stock mount will fit. I have a 03/04 T-56 in my car with a factory 96 mount, no issues.

1bdsnk96

Established Member
the mounting holes on the trans mount sit about a inch outside of the tailshaft mounting holes on both sides. Do you think its a cobra r t56 cause i have heard that they are a little more narrow on the mounting holes??

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Couldnt you use the Pauls high performance tko adapter? I thought the tko and the t56 were mounted the same...

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I was just thinking the same thing but was not sure if the tko and 56 were the same like that. If they are I highly recommend the PHP TKO Adaptor. If they are not the same I sorry for wasting your time. Well worth a look though.

clutch09

Established Member
Throw up a couple pics quick so we can see exactly what your dealing with.

Users who are viewing this thread