96 cobra, Novi 2000, Flat tops

96dreamer

Established Member
Just purchased a Novi 2000 and am in the beginning stages of rounding up parts for install likely this winter. Current run down of the car:
-Motor currently has manley flat tops with no flycuts, eagle h-beams, stock crank, hand ported c heads with valve job, ported cobra
lower intake, b to c adapter with 96 cobra upper intake. Stock 96 cams degreed at 114/114.
-Fuel will be supplied by 80lb injectors, stock rails/regulators/lines and a single in tank walboro 450 lph. 93 is readily available near
me and e85 is in the area(10 miles is the closest) but not wide spread.
-Exhaust is bbk l/t's, o/r x and borla catback.
-Drive train consists of a t56 to 4.10 gears in the rear.
-Methanol I hadn't planned on running unless absolutely necessary.
-Blower is a Novi 2000 unknown pulley combo, front mount air/air, 05+ slot style maf, and probably a 50mm bov. I will likely
upgrade to an 8 rib w/ innovators west 10% od crank pulley if i can find a deal before install.

Car put down ~320 rwhp with the current setup. I was hoping to make 550-600 rwh after the blower. I was thinking ~12lbs should get me close. Not sure how much issue I will have with detonation at that point though. Car is mainly a cruiser,weekend car that sees the track a few times a year.

Any thoughts?

milktasd2

Established Member
600 should be pretty easily with that setup I would think.
My setup will be pretty similar to you just with custom cams and JT blower. Still building mine though.

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm still working on mine as well. Trying to decide what fuel/pulley setup I want to go with still. I'm also considering just over pullying it and running a waste gate. I like the idea of not having to worry about changing pulleys during the tuning process

I8URLS1

Established Member
I'm still working on mine as well. Trying to decide what fuel/pulley setup I want to go with still. I'm also considering just over pullying it and running a waste gate. I like the idea of not having to worry about changing pulleys during the tuning process

That will help a lot with torque also plus you may be able to keep boost low enough to have a 93 tune and then say an e85 tune (if it's available to you).

I run a single 44mm wastegate but my blower moves so much air that even with the wastegate wide open I'm still seeing 23.5lbs by 7700 rpm. I'm probably going to add a 2nd one as I'd like to have a 12-14lb tune for 93 just in case I need it sort of thing. Or I just keep my foot out of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread