'96 Cobra Coyote swap cruise control

BeanCrusher

Sidetracked yet again.
Established Member
Been an anonymous lurker for awhile now, first post here though... be gentle.

Have a 96 Cobra and last time I grabbed second gear, the number 8 piston decided to turn itself into tiny bits and try to escape the confines of the block and see the world. It was mostly successful.:(

Was contemplating a Terminator swap, but the idea of putting in an older powerplant and drivetrain of questionable origin seems less than ideal, though the ease of the swap itself seems like cake.

So, I had settled on a Coyote swap...except for one stumbling block...no cruise control?! Really?! It's 2015...surely this shortcoming of the FRPP control pack has been addressed by now?

It may seem silly, but no cruise is no go for this swap. The car is a street only Grand Touring automobile in the sense that it is used mostly for long cross country drives, maybe to Illinois, Utah, or Saskatchewan, or whatever destination is required. It's not a race car, never has been, and that is not likely to change.

I've searched around and have seen some claims of Coyote swaps with working cruise, but no real details, mostly just laments that the cruise\ac etc is not working.

Anyone have any hard evidence of a working cruise control with the FRPP? Preferably in an sn95. Surely the computer\throttle pedal\motor are talking over CANbus, so it should be possible to inject messages onto the bus to control the throttle body. (Though figuring out what the proper message would be given the speed setpoint and deviation from it is likely above my skill level)

Any thoughts? Like I said...be gentle.

Thanks.

efipaul

Established Member
I'm a little late to this post, but I'm looking for the same info. I found some info on Corner-Carvers where someone said they found where to hook the wires up to the control pack ECU for cruise, but nobody had tried it and I don't want to be a guinea pig.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Thats a negitive

No cruise possible with the swap kit, I tried calling the manufacture of the control pack and they said it was not possible. A/C will work if you keep the original wiring. I drive my swap car every day no need for cruise control with a car like this, thats for a truck or some sort of boring car lol jk.

BeanCrusher

Sidetracked yet again.
Established Member
And yet...

...the SCCS wires are in the harness and the pins are in the PCM and match the 2011 GT service literature and EVTM... I wish they would not bother labeling circuits that are not there....or are they?:??:

I'm working towards a fix, 'cause cruise control cuts down by half the number of people with navy colored uniforms and hats I get to meet...

But first have to get finished with the swap....

Alan Ledesma

^ I'm with you Bean. The EVTM shows on the Mustang only, that the cruise is hard wired to the PCM, vs. through the MS and HS CAN/Body module on the pickup ECU's. So, in theory, if you got in the EVTM/WSM and found the resistance values for each switch depression on the Mustang, got some resistors for you cruise switches on the swap vehicle, and matched the resistance inputs into the Mustang ECU, it should work.

I'm currently in the same process on my swap.

Alan Ledesma

I will keep everyone posted when I get to that point. It's last on the list, as it's of the least importance on my swap, but it is on my list. I have the A/C wiring and some basic tuning to get done before i'm there at this point.

My setup uses a salvage ECU/6R80 6-Speed Auto, with a blend of a custom harness/Marauder harness/Stock Coyote Harness:

[video=youtube;tFfmd8xAy8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfmd8xAy8E[/video]

jnoloc23

Subscibing as well....planning a swap on an 04 GT and would love CC. I do a lot of highway driving

lowranger96

Established Member
Ever looked into the Rostra 250-1847? It plugs in between the pedal and ecu and it appears it will work for the control pack guys.

asccoyote

I will keep everyone posted when I get to that point. It's last on the list, as it's of the least importance on my swap, but it is on my list. I have the A/C wiring and some basic tuning to get done before i'm there at this point.

My setup uses a salvage ECU/6R80 6-Speed Auto, with a blend of a custom harness/Marauder harness/Stock Coyote Harness:

[video=youtube;tFfmd8xAy8E][/video]
Did you use the Ford Power Pack at all or your own and did your own harness?

Users who are viewing this thread