96-01 Cobra turbo kit, hotside, $1600 obo

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Custom made single-turbo kit that is truely BOLT-ON. This is a one-of-a-kind kit that keeps all factory components in place, besides the K-member. It is made entirely of mild-steel that is BEAUTIFULLY TIG-welded. The kit bolts straight onto factory exhaust manifolds without modification. It includes the entire hotside minus the turbo and wastegate (which you can buy to suit your goals, or I can order you something at wholesale, which will save you money). The driver's side bolts onto the factory manifold (or shorty header) and wraps under the transmission's bellhousing (crossover pipe) and utilizes a 6-inch flex-section to dispell any chances of cracking under stress. The crossover then meets with the passenger-side at a custom-fabricated merge-collector, which then meets with an "up-pipe" or "feeder" that goes over the factory A/C and swaybar components and up between the front of the motor and the coolant header-tank to mount the turbo left-center in the engine bay. In this fashion, the turbo can be mounted so that the factory (style) MAF can simply be turned 90 degrees it front of the compressor's inlet to allow a draw-through MAF orientation, which is more easily tunable and street-friendly than a blow-through MAF. It has a T4 flange, so this would work great for a T67 or T76, or a smaller 60-1 turbo if you only wanted 500rwhp or so. This could even be used on a stock Cobra with a smaller turbo that would spool VERY fast and make 450rwhp conservatively. The main objective for the design of this kit was to be bolt-on and make big power for cheaper or the same cost as a blower kit. I would like to reiterate that this is just for the hotside, and you'll need to get your own turbo, wastegate, intercooler, cold-side piping, etc, but all of that can be had for cheap. This kit is AWESOME quality, at the welds rival those from the big-name kits. ALL the piping goes through the K-member and not under it (including the downpipe, so it isn't exposed to the pavement, which is the case with other kits. You'll have to have an exhaust shop weld in a couple small sections at the rear merge to bolt onto your catback, or just run dumps or a dump like me. The pictures don't do justice! The only part you will need to make the kit fit physically is a tubular K-member (I used AJE with spring-perches because I could use factory springs/A-arms). PM me with any questions/concerns. $1600 obo! Thanks!

Kyle

This is a ROUGH (lol) diagram of how everything is routed that I made in MS Paint. All piping you see is what is included!
turboschematic2.jpg

turboschematic.jpg

Merge-collector
Kyle20Pics204-13-0720004.jpg

Check out those AWESOME welds, all TIG'd
Kyle20Pics204-13-0720001.jpg

Uses V-bands, which are superior to traditional flanges
089.jpg

On the bench
086.jpg

Easily clears the A/C compressor and swaybar (swaybar not in pic, but has been fitted)
Kyle20Pics204-13-0720005.jpg

This is where the turbo is mounted
Kyle20Pics204-13-0720006.jpg

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Oops, that isn't the correct orientation of the rear merge/split. It splits and goes through the double-humps of the crossmember like a factory H-pipe. I'll add pics of this in the next day or so.

Last edited:

red9450

Established Member
nice job man. is this a one time deal, or are you going to build kits as demand warrants? Not in the market right now, but when i am, I will look you up.

Users who are viewing this thread