95r #30

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Don't know about anyone in your immediate area. Most of us are scattered around the country. Some of us are hard core track dawgs and others enjoy taking theirs to shows. It is a good mix.

Tell us a little about the car. What are your plans for it?

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
kdm123 said:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself as the new owner of #30. I'm in Santa Monica, CA. Any other R model owners here in LA?

Cheers,
Karim Marouf

Welcome Karim, tell us more about #30.

R

kdm123

Established Member
My car has 12K miles. I haven't done any mods to it except for Flowmasters. I love track days and I've done lots with other cars in the past, but I won't be taking this Mustang to any. It's pretty much just gonna be a weekend driver for me.

Nice to meet you guys!

sjdavis

Established Member
Hello...

Hey everyone, I guess I should introduce myself here as well. My name is Steve and I own #63 (1995 cobra R). I live in northern california. Solid info here at this site. I am also a Lightning owner (1995, #629).

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
sjdavis said:
Hey everyone, I guess I should introduce myself here as well. My name is Steve and I own #63 (1995 cobra R). I live in northern california. Solid info here at this site. I am also a Lightning owner (1995, #629).

Hi Steve, Welcome! Tell us about your R.

sjdavis

Established Member
Six years...

Hey, I've had the car about six years now, and have left it completly stock. I purchased it from a dealership in Idaho and drove it back to california. The car now has just over 15000mi, so I do drive it on occasion. Love the car but I am considering putting it up for sale localy. We'll see...

BuckeyeDawg

Established Member
Who loves a good thread revival?! I just bought #30 last week after nearly 3 months of negotiating and research into this car. I finally made the 4 hour drive to visit the car at a collector car dealer in Elkhart, IN and found the vehicle to be super clean and unmolested. A little more negotiating on the price and now I have a car that I inspired to own since I was in high school.

The car has 14,500 miles on it. Low enough miles where it is very clean and in excellent condition, but high enough miles where I don't hesitate to put some nice weather mileage on it. (unfortunately it will be a long winter for me here in Central Ohio until the streets are mostly clear of salt).

One negative is that the car only came with the original Cobra R Certificate. No window sticker, owners manual, or other documents which may have come with the car originally. I was already aware of this when I bought the car, so it wasn't any surprise to me. Maybe those in this thread who either previously owned this car or were familiar with the vehicle's previous owners could help tell me if they have any of these documents that I could reunite with #30.
Thanks, all! Cheers!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Start watching ebay for a 95 Mustang owner's manual set. The 95R just had a small supplement (maybe 20 pages) that went in the normal manual. There is no binder like the 00R.

You can also get a reprint of the window sticker. I don't remember the name of the service, but someone else will mention it. If you are an MCA member, you can get a discount on the window sticker.

Tom

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Start watching ebay for a 95 Mustang owner's manual set. The 95R just had a small supplement (maybe 20 pages) that went in the normal manual. There is no binder like the 00R.

You can also get a reprint of the window sticker. I don't remember the name of the service, but someone else will mention it. If you are an MCA member, you can get a discount on the window sticker.

Tom
Congrats on the car!

Hoping someone "mentions" the info below.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/replica-window-stickers.85010/

Old thread, but I think he still does it.
I've been on the fence about getting a pair for many years, but never pulled the trigger.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That's not the one I was mentioning. The one I used for my 14 model is affiliated and licensed through Ford to reprint actual window stickers.

Tom

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
That's not the one I was mentioning. The one I used for my 14 model is affiliated and licensed through Ford to reprint actual window stickers.

Tom

As far as I know, the member you are referring to can't do cars before '05 or so.
I've seen people ask about Terminator window stickers, but he said he cant do them.

BuckeyeDawg

Established Member
The link to the thread regarding prints of window stickers includes the email of the guy who still does them. His name is Richard and I emailed him yesterday and he confirmed that he can do them for 95R. All you need to supply is VIN & Selling Dealer.

There is Ford affiliated website (fordshowparts.com), but they currently only reprint window stickers back to 2007 model year.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I
The link to the thread regarding prints of window stickers includes the email of the guy who still does them. His name is Richard and I emailed him yesterday and he confirmed that he can do them for 95R. All you need to supply is VIN & Selling Dealer.

There is Ford affiliated website (fordshowparts.com), but they currently only reprint window stickers back to 2007 model year.

I emailed him on Monday but never heard back.

BuckeyeDawg

Established Member
I

I emailed him on Monday but never heard back.

Interesting. He responded to my email yesterday within a few hours. Maybe yours got lost in spam folder? Maybe try again.
I have to email him again on Monday after I call SVT and try to get my car’s selling dealer info - I can mention that someone else (you) were also interested.

Users who are viewing this thread