95 S/C Lightning trade question for my Mustang

SRV1

Established Member
Someone wants to trade me my 90 Mustang for their 95 S/C Lightning and I was wondering what you guys think. Here is a list to what has been done to both:

My 90:

Engine: 306 Forged SRP flattop pistons, SCAT H-beam rods, SCAT forged crank, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, SFI billet harmonic balancer, Ford Racing stud girdle, Melling high volume oil pump, 7 qt pan, ARP bolts throughout the whole motor, ARP oil pump shaft, Anderson Ford Motorsports B21 cam, Trick Flow chromoly pushrods, Harland Sharp 1.7 3/8" stud rockers, Edelbrock Performer heads with 2.02/1.60 valves, Isky adjustable guide plates, GT40 tubular intake, 70 mm TB, 24lb injectors, 75mm Mass air, blue silicone hoses, MSD 6AL, MSD coil, poly motormounts and some other stuff I may have forgot.

Exhaust: Off road h-pipe, Mac shorty headers 1 5/8", Flowmaster 2 chamber cat-back with 2.5" stainless steel tailpipes.

Suspension: Ford Motorsports B-springs, 95 GT spindles, 5 lug converted to Cobra brakes-13" cross drilled front rotors and 11.5" cross drilled in the rear rotors, JM caster/camber plates, 93 Cobra master cylinder and brake booster.

Drivetrain: 5 speed Tremec TKO II trans with 26/31 spline trans with a road racing 5th gear ratio of .82, 3.55 gears, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft.

Wheels: American Racing Rebel 17x9 rims with 245/45/17 in the front and 275/40/17 in the back with new tires.

Exterior: Cobra R hood, smoked front headlights, tinted windows and 85 GT taillights.

Interior: Grey leather

Picture013.jpg

95 Lightning: (The owner wrote this)

LIGHTNING 1995 351 ROLLER VI VOTECH SUPERCHARGER 358 RWHP 42 PD INJ. MSD.DIS. MSD. 6AL. MSD. COIL. AULUM.RAD. FAN. LONG TUBE HEADER. DFI.COM. 8.8 410 GEARS. ALL POWER WINDOWS.LOCKS.TILT.CRUZE. ICE COLD AIR. 6 WAY POWER SEATS. CD. 17X12 MH.DRAG STREETS.

DSC00699.jpg

The trade would be even up but I really do not know much about the first gen Lightning's. Are they transmissions weak in them? Basically they are AOD's with electronic shift, correct? The guy seems legit but I want to make sure before I do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated!:coolman:

James

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
sounds like a good truck. ive heard of these transmission going well over 200k so their not weak at all. mine has right around 120 on it and ive driven the shit out of it since the day i got it and still drives great! oh btw i cant remember what kind of trans they have its something like a e40d or something but not an aod. hope this helps!

SRV1

Established Member
Yeah I was not sure of what transmission was in them but I know they are similar of the AOD at least I think they are.

Blue OVal Forev

Yeah I was not sure of what transmission was in them but I know they are similar of the AOD at least I think they are.

The Lightnings came with an E4OD Trans. Same thing that was behind the Diesel Trucks of the same year.

The 95 has the better trans of the 3 years Gen 1 Lightnings were produced. The trans was updated each year. Have see stock trans with just a converter and a Good Shft Kit. Behind truck that are able to run low 11's to high 10's

SRV1

Established Member
The Lightnings came with an E4OD Trans. Same thing that was behind the Diesel Trucks of the same year.

The 95 has the better trans of the 3 years Gen 1 Lightnings were produced. The trans was updated each year. Have see stock trans with just a converter and a Good Shft Kit. Behind truck that are able to run low 11's to high 10's

I turned it down since I really like to sell it. If I were to trade the truck it would be even hard to sell that truck then my Mustang. Not really a high demand for 1st generation Lightnings.

James

matt87

Established Member
hey thats my friends truck. ya you missed out on a killer ride. its a hoot to drive and now that he did traction bars, it hooks very hard even w/o a burnout. 1st gens really are a hard sell as the price of some 99s are getting below 10k. my buds truck has at least 8k just in parts. anyways good luck with your stang, its killer too!

SRV1

Established Member
hey thats my friends truck. ya you missed out on a killer ride. its a hoot to drive and now that he did traction bars, it hooks very hard even w/o a burnout. 1st gens really are a hard sell as the price of some 99s are getting below 10k. my buds truck has at least 8k just in parts. anyways good luck with your stang, its killer too!

Yeah I noticed that. I got to admit his truck is really nice but I really would like to sell mine. I have too many vehicles as it is and I need the garage space. He called me and left a message. I will try to call him back.

Users who are viewing this thread