95 R - X-pipe options

UKCobra

Established Member
A few years back I put an X-pipe on my 94 Pace Car and it makes the car sound like it should have done from the factory.

I want to do the same to the 95R.

As I am in the UK, I dont want to gamble with a part that may be a poor fit.
For those of you who have fitted one, which did you choose. I can then go on the hunt :)
Thanks

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
While my 95R exhaust is stock, if I were to modify it, I would look at Steeda and see if they have anything. Not based on sound, but on the quality of their parts

UKCobra

Established Member
Thanks, was wondering if the exhaust is the same fitment as a 5.0 GT Coupe. While I know the headers are different, I am hoping for ease of choice, its the same.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
When I was buying an x pipes for a 93R and a 95R, I found few options (nothing) as the Feds are coming down on the elimination of cats (at least that's is what I was told). I bought China made x pipes off Amazon. The cat mid pipe on the 95R is not an exclusive part to the car.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
When I was buying an x pipes for a 93R and a 95R, I found few options (nothing) as the Feds are coming down on the elimination of cats (at least that's is what I was told). I bought China made x pipes off Amazon. The cat mid pipe on the 95R is not an exclusive part to the car.

^^^ that…. I remember 15-20 years ago off-road H’s and X’s were everywhere, from almost any Mustang vendor large and small. Now since the EPA crack down, most of these same vendors have removed anything that may violate the EPA’s “rules”…. It’s very difficult now to find an off-road H or X from nearly any known advertised Mustang vendor. Sure, you can probably find them on Amazon, Alibaba (or whatever that offshore site is called), eBay, kijiji, Craigslist, marketplace, or any of the “unknowns” that get stumbled across here and there.

IMO, the EPA should be more concerned with the damn emissions from huge factories, lithium battery mining and manufacturing, big rigs, buses, and cow farts….

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It all got cracked down because of the trucks "rolling coal" with chips and emissions removed. They were all running off-road kits on the street. The coal made them easy targets and the public was screaming about it.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread