95 cobra r Computer

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yep, that AA would be correct.

If you need a correct unit, that is it. I know on the racers we are running a reman unit that was flashed at Roush.

Tom

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I would just use a standard 94/95 computer and use an EEC-Tuner or TwEECer to flash the stock Cobra R program onto it.

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
John, I've had a few conversations with the guy who programmed the IMSA 95R computers for Roush. He still had several programs but some sort of flashing hardware (EEC-Tuner, TwEECer, etc) is needed to program them onto a computer. He warned that some of the programs are on the ragged edge and particle to the engine setup. If you know much of the IMSA 95R history, you’ll recall multiple engine failures due to aggressive EEC programs. I also spoke to Steeda about it and they quoted me $5000 for an IMSA programmed computer. I opted to use an EEC-Tuner to pull the program off my IMSA EEC and flash it on a standard 94/95 EEC.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
There was only one extra 'authentic' 95 R computer. The rest are in the actual cars. The program is available with the Tweeker guys. If you want an authentic computer, it's going to have to come out of a wrecked R. I've got the only extra...:)

cobrarj

Established Member
Computer

Is this an original 95 Cobra R Computer my car is #10 what # car did yours come out off and do you want to sell it Thanks John

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by 94 Cobra R
If you want an authentic computer, it's going to have to come out of a wrecked R.
That’s debatable… I can name several 95R’s (mine included) whose original computers were removed and who knows where the computers are now.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
CobraR77...
Ahhh, it is debateable but how many R owners really want to get rid of their computer?:D

John,
My R computer is in my "R" car....94 Cobra w/R drivetrain and R computer....sorry. Definitely worth just getting a tweeker and programming it. The program can use a little "tweaking" anyway...

XLR8D

The origional R owners CobraR77 is talking about prepped the cars for competition, that origional computer prolly just sitting on the back shelf of some shop from day one. Racers don't typically give two hoots about the collectability of parts.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Originally posted by XLR8D
The origional R owners CobraR77 is talking about prepped the cars for competition, that origional computer prolly just sitting on the back shelf of some shop from day one. Racers don't typically give two hoots about the collectability of parts.

XLR8D,

You're exactly right.

GB

94Cobra R,

What car did your computer come from? Did you get it from someone at Ford?

If it was an extra, how did you run accross it, and your drivetrain.

Did you find a wrecked '95 "R", for your mech. parts, or did you build them, or do you know Jack Roush?

Come on man spill the beans. The statute of limitations are expired by now. More power to you, we are just curious. Makes for a good story.

Gene

Last edited:

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Gene,
Sorry I didn't reply earlier...for some reason, the email notification didn't work. Anyway, here are the beans...don't let it go past the forums :)
Ok, this car started life out as a 94 Cobra that Roush Industries had bought for an intern from Sweden. When he went back to Sweden, Roush had the car and it just sat. A pretty high up guy at Roush bought the car for cheap and drove it for a little bit, but got bored. He had his "team" drop in the last remaining 95 R drivetrain in (lower intake to rear axle plus R suspension and some nice Steeda pieces) (there were only 2 extra upper's made and they're gone, so that's why no R upper was included, but the Cobra upper I have is extrude honed). This guy happened to have the only extra R computer (hint on who he might be since he had the only extra computer at his desk). He tweaked the computer and popped it in and the car came to life. Everything was done like it rolled off of the assembly line. After a couple thousand miles, he grew bored with it and put it up for sale. He told me that he programmed the computer to accept a camshaft and that he would love to see me put some heads and a nice cam on it. I've been putting together a package since spring time and everything is finally in. (AFR 185, Crower 15512 w/1.7 rockers, 1-3/4 LT headers, Stewart Water Pump, Mac ProChambers). Everything is just bolt on stuff, so I can always put the car back to original. The hood is a special item. It's one of seven prototypes that Roush made when designing the R car. It's number 4 or 5 of the bunch, so it sits a little higher than the regular hood. Black interior and mach 460 system (which has been replaced by a Kenwood MP3 player) You can see pictures at http://home.swfla.rr.com/anuszewski
The car runs strong, has cold A/C and is driven carefully everyday. It currently has 55k miles on it (bought it 2 years ago with 37k on it) That's the story. He asked me not to tell anyone because he didn't want to get in trouble for having a car modified while on company time, but as long as I don't mention his name, it's ok, right? :) Anyway, that's it!

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I'm going to use Mac 1-3/4 LT's for a Fox body with a 351. I've used Mac products before with no problems and the Fox body headers are the same except for the EGR, which is deleted from this car anyway. Did you have any luck finding the R program?

cobrarj

Established Member
long tube headers

In my automotive store I am a dealer for Mac Products I have called them and they say that the fox headers will not fit the 94 up body style. I dont know do you know if any one has tried. No I havent done anything yet on the computer all I have now is a 95 302 Cobra computer let me know if there is a place to send it to be programed. Thanks John

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
People on the corral have been doing it for sometime. If mac said it fits, then people try and it doesn't, they're responsible. That's why they say it's fox only. Some people have had to do some slight mods, but most people usually say they fit with no problems...I'll let you know in about a month. :)

JRStrout

Established Member
Super old post, but hoping to find a lead on a 95R computer.

I also need a lower radiator hose assembly. Used is fine, just need the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread