94 Talon TSI AWD smoked

89 Super Coupe

Established Member
My good friend has a 94 Talon TSI AWD, and after seeing the Ricer movie he thought that his car was just great, It is a nice car don't get me wrong but it is no speed demon, Anyway he throws out a challange. We go out and launch from a dead stop, I am still having problems hooking up so I spun in 1st and 2nd, but I was already 1 1/2 lengths ahead in first and put about 15 on him by third and fourth. We pull over and he says your lucky I got a bad launch, (he has an automatic so this is just BS. AWD automatic will always launch well. So anyway I said ok lets go from a 25mph roll, he says ok, well this time it was the same thing, I pulled so hard on him he looked like he wasn't moving. THen we get back to his house and he says "Your lucky I put cheap gas in it today" I just laughed and and said yeah that high test gas would have given you that extra 100 horses you would have needed to run. lol :D ANyway he was a good sport. Another nice kill for the 2 ton Detroit Iron.

Brandon

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I've realized that almost everytime you race a ricer they have some excuse for not winning. I think the funniest one I have ever heard came from a guy I know who drives a civic. I smoked his ass and then after words he said "well if i had a huge engine like a 5.0 I could have won", well you don't so just shut up and take it like a man. That was a GOOD KILL especially since it was an awd version that they believe is sooo fast. I don't know a terriblely large amount about talons/eclipses but are all the awd versions turbo. I think they are but i'm not sure. IF they are then that makes the kill even better.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Yes, all AWD Talons and Eclipses (Eclipsi?) are turbocharged. Most of the run, '90-'97ish were 210HP. I think the '98 or '99 (just prior to the new body style and drop of the I4 turbo for a V6) may have had 10-15 more HP, not sure. I had a friend that had a '92 Eclipse GSX and he could hook GREAT with that AWD and turbo. More amazing was the fact that he could drive in the rain almost as fast as if it was dry, with no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread