94 Mustang Build-up

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Another quickie, making sure the way the wiring is ran won't interfere with the body panels.

20130323_174643_zpsa1d88e04.jpg

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
Damn, this looks so clean. Nice work man. Has the car been down for a few years or is this round 2?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Damn, this looks so clean. Nice work man. Has the car been down for a few years or is this round 2?

Thanks :beer: Didn't even realize till the other day, but its been down for 4yrs now! Time flys man..

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Back from the dead...kinda :lol:. Sold the old motor setup out of it this week and looking to start building the new setup bit by bit. Probably not going the Coyote route just out of ease and money-wise, tossing up between a Dart 363, or a built 351W variation(357, 408, 418). Having a tough time deciding which one to do, either or SHOULD be a mid-low 10 second N/A combo once done.

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
Was looking very nice! Winter coming up, time for more projects. Your making me want to tear into my 95 5.0 and do the same, I had planned to go with the 351W. I was waiting for the car to give me a reason to tear it apart, but those 302s are solid. Good luck, looking forward to seeing the updates:beer:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Thanks fellas! Gonna be looking into what route to go with the 351 shortly. Thinking a budget build for the time being with mid 10's as the goal.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Amazing how quick another 2yrs goes by.. started working on this again after a long hiatus! Car is stripped down more than its ever been, motor, trans, front clip, fuel system, ripped out every inch of wiring/interior etc.

Finally decided on the direction I'm going with it, and going to do a 408-445ci Windsor all motor build. High compression, big heads, E85 carb/fuel system etc. Goal is to get it into the 9's with a trap speed of at least 130mph, would like to be in the 135+ range though. Gonna be ordering a behind bars race cars 18G sumped fuel tank, Magnafuel pump and all the accessories soon. Trying to get this thing all sorted and out by spring time!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Making some big moves on the car for the first time in a long time! Motor is currently being built over at Holcomb, doing a 408W, 225 Highports, 13:1CR set up on e85. Ordered up a set of Alumastar 2.0's last night, got a Dynamic C4 trans a couple weeks back, and have a BBR TIG welded 18G fuel tank on the way.

Excited to finally be able to have the time to work on this again, and hoping to have it out in the next couple months! Still shooting for a high 9second N/A pass once it's all sorted.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
18G fuel tank came in today thanks to behind bars race cars, thing is a piece of art!

image.jpeg

Got ansy and threw the new radiator in quick (even though it's gotta come back out lol).
image.jpeg

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Magnafuel pump all mounted, parts are staring to flood in! Hope to have the fuel system 95% done this week, with any luck motor should be here in ~2 weeks

image.jpeg

SpdPilot

Established Member
Looks nice. Been watching this thread like a hawk. Trying to decide what engine for 94 GT. Just moved to a place with no smog, so it is open season for me.

Keep it going. Curious how this engine combo works for you. Install problems, etc

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Very cool, keep up the good work. Don't let another year go by!
I'm motivated now with the amount of cash going out!!
Looks nice. Been watching this thread like a hawk. Trying to decide what engine for 94 GT. Just moved to a place with no smog, so it is open season for me.

Keep it going. Curious how this engine combo works for you. Install problems, etc

Thanks man! Shouldn't be too many hiccups hopefully, going to be very bare bones and aside from the custom headers everything is really bolt-in. Speaking of, ordering some stainless works 2" primary- 3.5" collectors headers this week!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Well, as always stuff doesn't go as planned. My "3 week 408 longblock build" went on for 7 weeks and the shortblock wasn't even assembled. Soo, snagged this mild 306 for a deal and a half just to get it up and running. Plans are to mock up a blow-through turbo setup.

Went through the motor upon arrival, and powdercoated a few items and slapped it all back together. Threw it in the bay for mockup, looks weird to have an engine in it again lol.

image.jpeg

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Got the hotside in a couple days ago, I'll never go back to running longtubes lol

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Threw the turbo on quick just for shits and giggles!!

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread