94 Mustang Build-up

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Well I figured it was about time to make my own thread. Got bored with the mustang, and since the trans is shot and the car is off the road for the season anyways, I decided to do some extra work. Last week got the full exhaust, trans, and motor pulled out of it:

94MustangProject001.jpg

94MustangProject002.jpg

94MustangProject006.jpg

94MustangProject014.jpg

94MustangProject003.jpg

Plans are to completely shave the engine bay, tuck/hide all the wires that I can, and detail the **** out of the motor and accessories. Also going to drop the entire front suspension out of it before it gets sprayed, and replace with tubular K-member, A-arms, and a coilover kit.

Worked on the car a bit tonight since it was rainy as hell and got some shit done. Started stripping the old black paint out of it and sanding. Also cut the pinch-weld on the pass side frame rail to get rid of the protrusion, and make it look smoother. That will get welded up, and reinforced. Pics so far:

94MustangProject009.jpg

94MustangProject010.jpg

94MustangProject011.jpg

94MustangProject012.jpg

94MustangProject013.jpg

Still tossing up what color to do the bay. Might stay with a white, or may do a copper color, and when I repaint the car it will be pearl white with copper stripes.

For the hell of it, this is my buddies bay I did over the winter:
PsNotch5.jpg

Looking to out-do that, so we'll see how it goes:rockon:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Worked on the car a bit tonight since it was rainy as hell and got some shit done. Started stripping the old black paint out of it and sanding. Also cut the pinch-weld on the pass side frame rail to get rid of the protrusion, and make it look smoother. That will get welded up, and reinforced. Pics so far:

94MustangProject012.jpg

94MustangProject013.jpg

Still tossing up what color to do the bay. Might stay with a white, or may do a copper color, and when I repaint the car it will be pearl white with copper stripes.

For the hell of it, this is my buddies bay I did over the winter:
PsNotch5.jpg

Looking to out-do that, so we'll see how it goes:rockon:

How did you do this? Did you strip or sand the engine bay?

Great job on your buddies car.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Thanks for the props guys! :beer:

The way I do it is I usually hit most of the bay with paint stripper and remove most of it, sand it all down with 80grit on a DA sander, then grind the areas that need to be welded down to bare metal. I have to make a few patch panels to weld in for the big open areas. After that everything gets primed, sanded, and a thin layer of Icing(lightweight filler) goes over everything to give it a super smooth look. Re-prime after that and then sand & base/clear. It takes awhile to do it right, but the end result is well worth it!! I have about 50hrs or so into my buddies engine bay.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Copper would look sick on the car:rockon:

I thought so, Im REALLY tossing up the idea of doing it. The only thing is if I dont repaint the car with white/copper stripes it may look a bit goofy for the time being. I painted the car the way it sits about 4-5yrs ago, and it doesnt NEED it, but I wanna do something different. I think a cobra bumper, and S281 wing with stripes would look pretty killer. This is how she looks now:

94GtPics007.jpg

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Got a decent amount done today. Got the framrails ground down, more sanding done, removed brakelines, rack, front suspension, and k-member.

94ProjectPt2001.jpg

94ProjectPt2003.jpg

94ProjectPt2004.jpg

94ProjectPt2005.jpg

94ProjectPt2006.jpg

94ProjectPt2007.jpg

Last edited:

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
I thought so, Im REALLY tossing up the idea of doing it. The only thing is if I dont repaint the car with white/copper stripes it may look a bit goofy for the time being. I painted the car the way it sits about 4-5yrs ago, and it doesnt NEED it, but I wanna do something different. I think a cobra bumper, and S281 wing with stripes would look pretty killer. This is how she looks now:

94GtPics007.jpg
I'll most likely buy your Shinoda chin spoiler if you get a cobra bumper

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I'll most likely buy your Shinoda chin spoiler if you get a cobra bumper

Ok, Ill keep that in mind! I actually JUST put it on this year after owning it for 4 lol. Theyre pretty hard to come across now it seems..

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Few pics of the progress from a few days ago, been slow progress lately..

94ProjectPt2001-1.jpg

94ProjectPt2002.jpg

94ProjectPt2003-1.jpg

94ProjectPt2004-1.jpg

94ProjectPt2005-1.jpg

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
You are inspiring me. Keep it up man. I am suscribing to this thread.. Please please please keep this thing updated!

divided

Established Member
Subn.

I think the engine bay would looks badass in a copper. I've never seen a two-tone car/bay.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
You are inspiring me. Keep it up man. I am suscribing to this thread.. Please please please keep this thing updated!

Thanks for the kind words! Ill definately keep updating it as I go along. Come mid December alot of time should free up so I plan on getting the entire bay welded, filled, and primed at least. Then comes the wire routing.. :bash:

Also put in the order last week for a UPR tubular K-member, A-arms and coilover kit(14" 175#springs). :rockon:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Subn.

I think the engine bay would looks badass in a copper. I've never seen a two-tone car/bay.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, its very difficult being different in the mustang world nowdays lol. The only thing is deciding if I want to repaint the entire car to make it match right..

divided

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, its very difficult being different in the mustang world nowdays lol. The only thing is deciding if I want to repaint the entire car to make it match right..

With all the work you're putting into it, I don't see why you wouldn't if the means are available.

Users who are viewing this thread