94 cobra rides like crap

kbornothing

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just bought a 94 cobra. It is lowered and it bounces and bottoms out a lot. I don't know how long the springs have been on there or what kind but they are blue. I was going to buy new h&r springs but maybe I just need shocks and struts. What do you think?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
It is possible that the springs are to soft but more likely that the shocks and struts are the culprit.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Look at the shocks & struts to see if they are leaking fluid. Try pushing up and down on each corner. If the car keeps moving after you stopped pushing the struts are toast.

riored94cobra

Established Member
I'm in the same situation as you. I have ALL stock 15 year old suspension and bushings.

I need new stuff, but I can't decide if I want to go with coilovers or just replace whats there with aftermarket equip.

ARdoller

Established Member
i was running stock shocks and struts with my H&R Super Sport springs for probably 3 or 4 months, and the car slammed on everything as little as a seam in the road, and theres no exaggeration to that. i replaced them with Bilstein's and it rides much better.

you can tell when the shocks/struts have no give to them... when the car bounces and slams around, because the shocks and struts are already compressed as far as they can go.

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
when I got my 97 cobra I hated the ride quality it did just what you said. ride like crap. I did shocks/struts & springs. it helped a little but still was not happy. after I changed the front and rear control arms I finally great ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread