94-97 Cobra rotors on 04?

Cobrakai04

Established Member
Could be getting a good deal on some new front rotors that fit a 94-97 Cobra. I was just wondering if they would fit on a 2004 Cobra? Anyone do this? They are 13" that were on the earlier cars werent they? I just dont want to get them if they dont fit.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
They will fit, they are just an inferior design than the Brembo swan neck hat style rotors of late.

They may be a generic copy of the Brembo design if you are lucky.

They will function fine on a street car even if they are the old Kelsey/Hayes design.

I wouldn't use them for open track however, especially if the car has the Y2KR 4 piston caliper upgrade, because they would get seriously flexed and might crack at the hat.

Cobrakai04

Established Member
thanks Jimmy. Would you recommend using them or should I stay with the newer style swan neck style? I dont plan on doing open track anytime soon, but I would certainly like to! I dont have the 2000R upgrade. Just the stock brakes right now.

Thanks again

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
thanks Jimmy. Would you recommend using them or should I stay with the newer style swan neck style? I dont plan on doing open track anytime soon, but I would certainly like to! I dont have the 2000R upgrade. Just the stock brakes right now.

Thanks again

Have someone open a box for you and snap a pic or go look.

Look at pics of the Brembo style before hand.

The transition is less curved and more abrupt and angular on the K/H rotor hats.

They very well could be inexpensive knock offs of the better design, in which case I would get them.

If you decide not to, the Centric replacements are supposed to be very nice quality and have been holding up well on track cars.
They are supposedly reasonably priced as well.

Last edited:

Cobrakai04

Established Member
they look to come to a sharp edge at the outter circumference of the hat. I guess that means that they are the older style. They dont appear to have a swan style that flows from the hat to the surface are where the pad touches. :( they look really good though. Crossdrilled and silver zinc coated. Guy wants $50 for both. I think he said they were Aimco. It doesnt say the manufacturer from what I can see in the pics. I already have some new Hawk ceramics to go on.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like you found a deal! Post up a photo when you install them.

Users who are viewing this thread