94-95 PMS Series IV with 3 bar Map Sensor

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Like title states. I have a 94-95 PMS series IV EEC controller with a 3 bar map sensor.
Over $1000 new easy.
$600 shipped

jstur

Snake Charmer 94
Established Member
Was the PMS previously installed in a car? Is it complete and what condition is it in? Did it come out of a wrecked car? Thanks!

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Was the PMS previously installed in a car? Is it complete and what condition is it in? Did it come out of a wrecked car? Thanks!

It was installed in a car. Oil pump went south in the motor and the motor was ruined. Parting out parts that I don't need know. It is complete and in like new condition. No the car wasn't wrecked.

jstur

Snake Charmer 94
Established Member
Sounds good. What was the set up on the car it was installed on? These PMS systems, when purchased new, came with a custom program based on the buyer's specifications, so that it would only require minor tweaks to finish tuning. I'm wondering if I would need to send it back to Anderson for a reprogram to suit my car's specifications. I've spoken to Anderson about a PMS I had previously considered and it turned out that it was cheaper for me to just buy a brand new system, rather than attempt installing a used one. They will perform an inspection, and an update on used systems, plus include a reprogram to my specifications for about $250.00. Shipping is extra. Thanks for your reply.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Sounds good. What was the set up on the car it was installed on? These PMS systems, when purchased new, came with a custom program based on the buyer's specifications, so that it would only require minor tweaks to finish tuning. I'm wondering if I would need to send it back to Anderson for a reprogram to suit my car's specifications. I've spoken to Anderson about a PMS I had previously considered and it turned out that it was cheaper for me to just buy a brand new system, rather than attempt installing a used one. They will perform an inspection, and an update on used systems, plus include a reprogram to my specifications for about $250.00. Shipping is extra. Thanks for your reply.

TFS heads, AFM b31 cam, s trim, cobra intake. Good for 500rwhp.

stangtuning.com for any PMS questions and they will help with startup tunes.

If you know how to use one and tune with it, Rick doesn't need to adjust it. You need a PMS and wideband and you start tuning. Its what I did. All rick does is send you a sheet of paper with settings on it and you punch it in the PMS. You don't actually send the PMS to him and its more like $75 or so. Not $250. If its more effecient for you to buy new, I'd suggest that route.

Thanks,
Kevin

jstur

Snake Charmer 94
Established Member
Thank you for your information. The question I specifically asked Anderson was about a used system. It was required to be returned, as the system was not of the latest design. Anderson is able to upgrade older versions to the latest version. When the system is returned to the new owner, it is like new. As I have never purchased one of these systems and am dependant upon my Mustang Tuner for advise, I can only know what I am told about these things. If I am mistaken, then I except my lack of knowledge and will humbly admit I am not an expert. The $250.00 is what I was told, period. If that is too much, then pardon the hell out of me. I certainly don't know any better. However, Sir, your attitude has most definately not encouraged me to want to do any business with you whatsoever. Thanks, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread