94/95 EGR Delete or Fix? Need Advice

ceetwarrior

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my EGR system on my (picky) '95 Cobra. I'm throwing a "Insufficient EGR Flow" code. The car starts fine with no check engine light. But once I start driving it throws the code and hangs the idle at 1200+rpm and MIL comes on.

Now, I'm sure I could throw $100 at a new EGR and it may or may not fix the problem. But, also I got some free headers for this car and the bung on the header is stripped out and will not accept the tube/nut. So that has to be addressed either way.

Now, I don't have any emissions testing in my County. I have already removed the air/smog stuff so what's it matter if I remove the EGR stuff, right.. lol.

So, my main question is: If I buy the block off plate, ebay EGR eliminator trick module, and weld up my busted header bung is that going to to solve my driveability issues? Any input?

ceetwarrior

Established Member
Update, problem still exists. I bought the "egr simulator" it didn't seem to do anything.

Being as I'll need a tune when I get boost (soon) I'm going to have my tuner go ahead and turn off the EGR system in the ECU. I dont know what else can be done..

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Update, problem still exists. I bought the "egr simulator" it didn't seem to do anything.

Being as I'll need a tune when I get boost (soon) I'm going to have my tuner go ahead and turn off the EGR system in the ECU. I dont know what else can be done..

Thats all you can do. Once you have eliminated all the smog/EGR stuff, that function(s) will need to be turned off via chip/tune.

Users who are viewing this thread